Author Topic: Still on the fence?  (Read 131300 times)

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
Re: Still on the fence?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »
Great post Razor X.  If you are not a professional writer, you missed your calling.  You posts have given me a lot of encouragement, but I remain on the fence.  At this time, I am happy with my 1/16" buzzcut.  Back in November, I went from 1/8 to 1/16, and am still getting used to it.  From a short distance away, it appears that I am shaved and my head has a nice shine.  Since I have a full head of hair, I like the feel of the stuble on the top of my head.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »
Great post Razor X.  If you are not a professional writer, you missed your calling.  You posts have given me a lot of encouragement, but I remain on the fence.  At this time, I am happy with my 1/16" buzzcut.  Back in November, I went from 1/8 to 1/16, and am still getting used to it.  From a short distance away, it appears that I am shaved and my head has a nice shine.  Since I have a full head of hair, I like the feel of the stuble on the top of my head.

Thank you.  If you're happy with the 1/16", then that's all that matters.  I gradually went shorter over a period of time and when I got down to about that length, I decided to just go for broke.  You should try it sometime,when you're ready just to see what it feels like.  It only takes 3 or 4 days to grow out to 1/16".

I agree with you that a short buzz or just a hint of shadow can look good when the hairline is intact.  It's when the hairline is in serious recession that it really does need to all come off.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »
Razor X- - -You are so right about so many things  - - - -and what a wondeful post for the guy on the fence - -I was never there as I enjoyed my bald melon the first time  I shaved - - - -I am working on a few guys now who are customers of mine and you cannot believe the excuses  - - -and they look like HELL  - - - -thinning  -bald spots that they try to cover - - -One guy is almost there  - -he is down to a #1 cut - - - - -

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 09:09:24 AM »
This should be a sticky.

Great post!

Offline Green 1

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 05:22:43 PM »
Great Post!

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »
Great post Razor -- I couldn't agree more.   Having this site was the ammunition I needed to take the plunge.  While I'm still newly sly (just about my 2 month anniversary) - I couldn't be happier.   You're right -- sly is totally mainstream.   Nobody gives me strange looks and little old ladies don't run away when I walk down the hall.   Thank you for the excellent post.

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 10:23:47 PM »
How's that Zach Brown song go?  Oh yeah, "A little bit of Chicken-Fry,  Cold beer on a Friday night,  Pair of jeans that fit just right .. Slick head to catch the light just right .. Lol!  Its just comfortable ..

Offline gracie2

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 04:43:47 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragment. I consider myself good looking and I do try to stay fit some would say a guys guy. Well I have been wearing a hair system for about 20 yrs, I have a wife and teeneage kids.
With all that said I'm thinking this is the weekend.........The piece  is coming off! Should I warn family, co workers or just show up Monday with the drastic change in appearance?
Should I do the full shave or just leave the fringe?I am nervous and excited at the same time. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »
In for a penny, in for a pound!  Shave it all off, you'll never regret it.  Balding is not so hot, bald, now I have found is seen by many ladies as hot, and very much in style.  It's a great time to do it.
My experience would indicate the kids will pull back at first, but support you before the wife--kids are essentially pretty conservative when it comes to what their parents do.  But they also rebound quickly--the rug may make that different if they've secretly thought it a bit of a joke, a real possiblity.  
The wife, tell her it's an extra night out a month from the savings on mainenance.  
Co-workers will probably not say too much, except those that really like it.  
But you're forgetting the important person in all this, YOU- you are really going to like it, that we can promise. That's what you really do it for anyway.  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:07:37 PM by saintc »

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 12:41:01 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 Ahoy, Mates. Like Rob6, I too was persuaded by RazorX's wisdom three years ago when I embraced my baldness and shaved it all off. Wish the forum had existed way back when.... As to Razor's posts, Amen, Brother, and Amen. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline GA_Dome

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »
Thanks Guys.. This place is awesome.  I have been considering for years shaving my head but couldnt bring myself to do so.  I posted on my FB page a photoshopped pic yesterday to see what peoples oppinions were and while they were pouring in, I was reading about it and found this site.  I read until 4 am in the morning and finally took the plunge.
 I will post pics soon but wanted to say thanks and I like it better than I thought.  Still not sure if I am ready to keep it but at least I know I could pull it off and the fear is gone.  Like so many have said I now also feel a true freedom .

Thanks again for a wonderful site.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
Thanks Guys.. This place is awesome.  I have been considering for years shaving my head but couldnt bring myself to do so.  I posted on my FB page a photoshopped pic yesterday to see what peoples oppinions were and while they were pouring in, I was reading about it and found this site.  I read until 4 am in the morning and finally took the plunge.
 I will post pics soon but wanted to say thanks and I like it better than I thought.  Still not sure if I am ready to keep it but at least I know I could pull it off and the fear is gone.  Like so many have said I now also feel a true freedom .

Thanks again for a wonderful site.

If you read, then you know about the 30 day rule--please try it.  You sound like this has been taking a lot of your energy worrying about it.  It's gone, as are your worries.

Offline GA_Dome

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
Thanks, I think it was just because I didnt really know how I would look and just getting the nutz to do it, this website helped me grow those nutz.  I like it so the 30 days shouldnt be hard but just not sure if I will keep it yet, I DO like it though.. And all the fear is now gone.  O:O

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 05:14:05 PM »
This should be a sticky.

Great post!

Here, here. Excellent post!!!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline dculpepper

• Don't look back, something might be gaining on you
    • Magnolia Scientific Services
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
Great Post! Thank you, Razor X!!  O0 O0

Enter your email address: