Author Topic: Newly shaved guy!  (Read 5204 times)

Offline yknw88

• Learning the way of Sly
Newly shaved guy!
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:52:29 PM »
Hi guys!

Just decided it's time to embrace my baldness and I went and got the head shaved today, and thought I'd introduce myself.

Over the past few weeks I've been checking out some posts here, full of people who are unsure whether or not they should shave (just like myself), and the amount of great responses after the shave were fantastic... they inspired me to go ahead and do it, and I feel great!

I'm 21 years old and have started to recede and thin over the past 2 years. I got teased by people for it and I was losing confidence. I had planned on shaving it all off in a few years when I was a bit older but I decided theres no point in waiting and just go ahead and be sly now ;-)

I am so glad I chose to shave it off. Trying to let it grow was just making it more obvious and people would call me bald in an insulting way even though I had some hair... but now they can call me bald and I'm happy to hear it because it's what I have chosen, and I love it! I feel way more confident about myself now.

Just have a question for you pros out there. Should I try the cutthroat razor and get rid of the stubble? Take a look at the pic. I like the stubble look (razor with no guard) but my crown has less hair and I thought maybe it would be better if it were clean all over? Also take into account my age and suitable for it. What do you guys think?

Cheers and I'm glad to be a part of the club!

Aussie sly guy,

yknw88

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Re: Newly shaved guy!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
Welcome! It seems like alot of guys go Sly around this age, I am 20 and did it last year, a couple friends did it and they are in their early 20's. Bald looks good on you. I say you shave it smooth, when you do you will love it more than the no guard clipper cut.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:56:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another fellow Aussie on the forum. And you really carry off the sly look!

You're almost there, just need to take a proper shaving razor to your dome now. There's plenty of posts on the forum that address how to do that with the minimum of fuss and damage. (NOT a straight razor though!!).   8)
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:59:54 PM »
Welcome to the Forum 88! Now THAT is a great introduction....... the kind that people should read when they come here unsure of themselves or what the next step is for them.

Here's hoping you stick around so you can help spread the word about the benefits of going SLY to other young guys.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline SultanofSwing86

• Sly
  • aha my razor
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:34:27 PM »
Welcome to SBG 88!

You are definately a suitable age to shave, so go ahead. You are nearly there, try shaving and any balding areas on the head will become less apparent than they are now.
I'm 23 by the way, seems new people I meet don't seem to notice that my hair is ridiculously thin on top and just think I shave a full head of hair.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 12:43:09 AM »
Welcome to SBGs! 8)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 04:27:43 AM »
Welcome yk, as Mike already said, that was an awesome introduction.  Glad you have already discovered the newfound freedom of being sly and thanks for sharing that with others who may be on the fence.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 05:43:29 AM »
Great intro, man! Feels good, I know. Went for guard zero two days ago myself (finally) so I know what it's like. I'd say if you want to have that smooth look you should use blade, but I intend to keep a clipper "shave" for the reason that I actually like the velcro touch and it's also a bit easier to maintain than clean shaved. Don't go for a cutthroat razor though, there are plenty of sophisticated shaving gear to choose from.

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 05:45:46 AM »
Greetings 88!  Glad you've found us. O0  The only thing left to do is shave it smooth.  Give it a try (although I wouldn't use a straight razor).  If you don't like it, you'll regrow what you have in a couple of days. 

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 09:48:34 AM »
88  your a natural for the smooth look.  You can't imagine how great it feels over the buzz stubble. 
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
Dome is looking good yknw88
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 06:19:06 PM »
Welcome to the Home Of The Dome!
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
Welcome to SBG!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »
Mate !

I wish I had your courage when I was balding at your age some years ago and just clippershaved it like you did.  

You look like a very handsome and confident young man ! ! !

I went through so much frustrated denial and cover ups because there really was not a site like this to express myself back then.  Good luck mate ... keep it clippered tight and when you are ready, the shave foam and razor will be good morning encouragement !  Keep us posted !   ---Stasiu

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 05:21:43 PM »
Welcome to the crowd 88, the bald head looks great.

So "88", what's the story behind that?  "Back to the Future" fan?  NASCAR guy? 

...what's that?

88 plus *mutter* carry the 1....*mutter* get the calculator....

:o
Your an adult, and one legal to drink and you were friggin born in 1988!

Thanks for making me feel very, very old!   :*))
You don't know me, but I know you.

Enter your email address: