Author Topic: What norwood was I ?  (Read 3188 times)

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
What norwood was I ?
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »
Hey guys whats going on?I'm 23 years old and started noticing mpb at 19 years old.I shrugged it off a few years since it wasn't bad, just a receeded hairline and a small spot in my crown.In the last year, my hair has agressively thinned out and receeded a little more.I took  pictures to show what the back of my head looks like and I feel like I'm by the looks of it a Norwood 6.These pics were taken about a month ago ( I went bald that same night). My question is, judging by those pics, am I really a norwood 6 or 7 at 23?I have no intentions of ever growing my hair back but I'm curious, when do you think I'll have lost all the hair in the balding areas at the rate I'm going?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What norwood was I ?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »
Dude....this is a smple one.......... You were a Norwood "Needs a Razor"....looks like you solved the problem.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:06:07 PM »
Dude....this is a smple one.......... You were a Norwood "Needs a Razor"....looks like you solved the problem.

Listen to Mike...very well put! O0

BTW bro..you look awesome with the bald head! O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »
Norwood Hamilton is always an approximation, but you had general thinning at the highest grade. 
There also looks to be a beginning of a separation of an "island" in front that if you had let it continue would have given you "two" hairlines.  You definately have mpb, and you have DEFINATELY made the only safe choice other than let it continue.  It's tough,  but you're going to get in front of this, the beard will develop and you're going to be fine. BTW, your dome looks great.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:37:32 PM »
what you have is a great shaped head that was hiding behind fading hair... now all is well in your shiny new world.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:27:41 PM »
what you have is a great shaped head that was hiding behind fading hair... now all is well in your shiny new world.
O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
I have no intentions of ever growing my hair back but I'm curious, when do you think I'll have lost all the hair in the balding areas at the rate I'm going?

If you thinned out that much in a four-year timespan, then the rest of it will probably be gone within the next four years or so, though there always seems to be some stubborn strays that refuse to leave.  I had the same kind of all-over thinning on top that didn't seem to fit in with any of the Norwood Hamilton stages.  I don't know if you were really at a stage 6 or 7, but that was going to be your final destination, as it is for many of us. 

One day a couple of years from now, you'll notice that the top of your head stays smoother than it used to.  Or you'll skip a day or two shaving and notice that nothing is growing back in certain spots.   I was kind of surprised a couple of weeks ago when I saw the back of my head in the mirror and noticed how much the top of the fringe had descended in the back.

The good news is that you look awesome with a shaved head andyou seem to like it.  You're actually quite lucky to be able to put the whole issue behind you at such a young age. 

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »
You made the right decision shaving it clean.  It looks great.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein