Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 29776 times)

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
Re: The Weather
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
Weather kind of sucks in NY. Summer was fairly rainy and humid. It's been pretty nice the past couple of days though.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »
Sounded like a pretty cool summer (well, except Central Texas) overall.
Apparently we were sucking the heat from everywhere else...

Offline Baldboss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »
Unusually cool summer in MS this year.  Maybe one day over 100 and a few nights in July and August that were in the upper 50's.  Typically, we never get below 75 at night from June-mid Sept.  Speaking of Sept, it's usually dry - 2" of rain on average.  Last Saturday ended 16 days in a row of rain with 10.58" in those days.

Currently beautiful!  Upper 40's at night, low 70's during the days.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
Lots of rain this summer in Nova Scotia, bring on the snow O0

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 03:17:07 PM »
Central Texas had a torrid summer. We had over 60 days of 100+ temps and were just one day shy of breaking the record for over-100 days set in 1925.
We are also in what is termed an "exceptional drought", the most severe on the scale.
Luckily, the shifting El Nino pattern is expected to bring a wetter-than-normal winter, so maybe we can make up some of our water deficit.

I confirm what the Bear has posted.  This has been the hottest summer I have experienced in my entire life.  And I've lived in the South all my life (Southern Louisiana, Mississippi, and the Atlanta area included). 

It has only cooled down in the last few weeks and we have been getting rain. (just in time for the huge "Austin City Limits" music festival to be turned into a mudfest). 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »
   As i was heading out the door this morning for work i stopped in my tracks and was surprised too see everything covered with Snow.........Was`nt expecting that !......Also had too fire up the furnace for the first time this year cause it was chilly in the house....yikes !.....      (*!@
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 02:27:51 PM by aarrggh »

jrppsuobx

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 03:21:04 PM »
Aarrggh, Just saw the snow on ESPN highlights of the Minnisota game

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »
Yeah--It was`nt alot of snow but everything was covered nicely---Had too scrape my truck windows--The roadways were icy too with alot of cars spun off the road and into ditches....Its almost fun time ! !

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
Gotta love Central Texas, 100+ until just a few weeks ago, today and yesterday never made it out of the 50's.

Next week we should be back to normal 80's.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 06:48:46 PM »
Had a morning and evening earlier this week where I had to fire up the heat.  A day or two later, it was back to open windows and ceiling fans ... (I refuse to make the power company rich off my less than efficent A/C system!)
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

slyatlast

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »
Snowed here too yesterday but it melted as it hit the ground...the high temp yesterday was 32.  The average temp for yesterday is 62...and the record temp for yesterday was 87.  Our leaves didn't turn color at all this year...they just froze and fell off the trees while they were still green.  Never seen anything like it.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina was 88 degrees and HUMID....yuck!!
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »
We started out at about 66 degrees this AM........ but the temperature dropped throughout the day.... we're somewhere around 54 degrees right now..................
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

slyatlast

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina was 88 degrees and HUMID....yuck!!

ahhh - hot and humid.  How quickly we miss it.  It beats scraping the frost off the windshield

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 07:51:40 AM »
46 degrees at 8 AM!!! Holy Chit!!! Winter is on the way!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields