Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 29595 times)

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
Re: The Weather
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2012, 07:04:05 AM »
In Oregon, we have had a cooler than normal summer;  we haven't reached 90° yet, although some hot days are forecast this weekend.  July was slightly dryer than normal but we are way (11 inches) over for rain this calendar year.  If anyone is interested more details are available at my webpage www.canbyweather.com

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2012, 07:57:36 AM »
In Croatia -Slavonia -almost no rain for about three months,last month  hotter then average with max 43C and min 24C talk about extreme weather, corn is R.I.P,Sun flower R.I.P elemental disaster as always IS declared and this month is jet to be seen :) ...global worming my pants  ;D I don't buy that explanations and theories noting is as simple as it looks  -for an example global worming will trigger global cooling(when melting Poles you get fresh cold water that floats over salty ocean water so the current changes his course or stops entirely ) by stopping warm gulfs current - our  Europe will be a little different  place :D but for now interesting stuff -moderate warm Adriatic see last month was 30 C warm and some strange tropical fish are not so unusual there any more 

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2012, 08:12:13 AM »
In Croatia -Slavonia -almost no rain for about three months,last month  hotter then average with max 43C and min 24C talk about extreme weather, corn is R.I.P,Sun flower R.I.P elemental disaster as always IS declared and this month is jet to be seen :) ...global worming my pants  ;D I don't buy that explanations and theories noting is as simple as it looks  -for an example global worming will trigger global cooling(when melting Poles you get fresh cold water that floats over salty ocean water so the current changes his course or stops entirely ) by stopping warm gulfs current - our  Europe will be a little different  place :D but for now interesting stuff -moderate warm Adriatic see last month was 30 C warm and some strange tropical fish are not so unusual there any more 

I agree. The earth has been through so many climate changes in it's multi-billion year history...  It will never stay the same forever. What's been going on with the weather lately is nothing. Does an ice age count as "global cooling"?  :P

It has been warmer and drier than usual here in the northern Chicago area, too. We have finally been getting some rain the last few weeks, but we still need a lot more!
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »
Thing is that our climate (relatively stable climate,our comfort zone  )is in fact a fluke ,freak of the nature in the other words nature has been too kind towards us ,weather on earth is in fact moody, unstable and we already had long run with merciful(less or more )but kind weather and in what mood the Earth is now I think we will found out faster then we think -'evil' Earth has already show us just a tiny part of her power

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »
Thing is that our climate (relatively stable climate,our comfort zone  )is in fact a fluke ,freak of the nature in the other words nature has been too kind towards us ,weather on earth is in fact moody, unstable and we already had long run with merciful(less or more )but kind weather and in what mood the Earth is now I think we will found out faster then we think -'evil' Earth has already show us just a tiny part of her power

It's true. We are incredibly lucky to have had it so good, climate-wise.
Yep, we've only been shown a hair of what the forces of nature can do. There have been asteroid impacts; super volcano eruptions, and so on in the Earth's past that have eradicated entire species, and have almost instantly changed the climate.
Even worse things than those can happen at any moment, given the unstable forces/nature of the universe. Gotta love this crazy existence of ours!  :D
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS