Author Topic: want another piercing but on the fence!  (Read 2755 times)

Offline outsider82

• Sly
want another piercing but on the fence!
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »
Hey guys!

Im still in the land of the living and still sly :)

Just an update... I've been considering another piercing for a couple of weeks but im still on the fence as to whether im gonna do it or not. The guy im seeing mentioned to me that he liked the idea of a septum piercing. I initially thought about it and thought it wouldn't be for me but after some research Im hooked so to speak.

Someone did mention initally after i got my PA done that piercings are addictive, since then i've gotten both ears done and upsized to a 6ga PA.

Anyone out there with a septum piercing got any words of wisdom?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: want another piercing but on the fence!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 05:49:13 AM »
Someone did mention initally after i got my PA done that piercings are addictive, since then i've gotten both ears done and upsized to a 6ga PA.

While I don't personally think I'd want a septum piercing myself I think it looks great on some people.  My personal vote would be to go with pierced nipples.  For a GSG that would be the trifecta since you've already done the PA  ^-^

Red
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:55:59 AM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »
I'm with Red on this one.  I have a PA and ear piercing, but in the nose?  I think not.  A question comes to mind; What happens when you have the flu or a sinus attack?  Could be rather messy!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »
I can't wait to get more piercings myself once I retire from the military...

...but, from what I have and some I had to let tried and had to let go...

...why not just do it and if you don't like it, let it heal?

Sort of like when people ask...should I try shaving my head?  Try it...it grows back, but we all know everyone loves it!

So, I'd just go for it...and if it didn't work, remove it.

marty22

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 04:16:36 PM »
a lot of sly pierced guys nowadays.....must be back in vogue. I guess Im out of touch.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »
I have a 00gauge septum. (I can almost put a sharpie through it)

My tip would be don't wait until winter to get it, the freeze/thaw, SUCKS.

Don't use a saline solution to clean it, I don't why so many piercers recommend cleaning piercings with it but it only dries it out, and leaves it more prone to infection. Use polysporin with antibiotic in it.

If you have plans for stretching it, use medical grade lubricant and only stretch a gauge every 3-4 months. You do not want it to tear.

I think the first words my gf said to me when I met her was, "Hey, I can see through your nose!"

Offline bubbadave3

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 12:38:20 AM »
I've had a septum for years now.  By the same token, I have to admit that I don't have the jewelry in that much these days.  (I had to stop and pop it back in! HEHE)  Because the piercing is going through a flap of skin and not cartilage, it didn't hurt hardly at all.  In fact, getting my ears pierced with a gun hurt worse.  Your eyes will water, but that's about it.  Also, the jewelry that I usually wear allows me to tuck the septum jewelry up into my nostrils, so that people can't tell that I have it when it's necessary to tuck it up out of the way.  Hope this helps.
Attitude is everything!

marty22

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
go for it!