Author Topic: Lost another one...  (Read 2250 times)

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
Lost another one...
« on: July 15, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »
Yesterday, I was just minding my own business, on my way to my last client call of the day.  I stopped at a red light (well, it was yellow turning red), and some yeahoo in a Mustang plows into the back of my Prizm.  

It broke the seat back, knocked the car across two lanes of the cross street, and the back bumper cut a groove into the rear tire.

I don't know how much it's going to hurt yet.  My experience with karate fighting tells me that when you get hit on Saturday, you don't feel it till Monday, so probably tomorrow I'll know.  

The problem is I have two roof-climbing jobs scheduled for Friday.

So, have you ever lost a nice car to a total ja(ka$$?  The real kicker is that my wife had the car detailed last weekend as a surprise for me, and it had a full tank of gas...

Oh, well, end of rant...

Offline justinlane

• Sly Jr.
Re: Lost another one...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
Well, good to hear that you (aside from any future aches) are ok.  One of my friends was in a wreck this week and broke her arm, and totaled the car.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:04:18 PM »
Bad news about the car zzaapp, but good news that you weren't seriously hurt.   
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »
Sorry to hear of your accident. You will be good and sore for a few days. My Mom was hit head on back in Mar and was sore for like a week. I was rear-ended 9 years ago and my back hurt for weeks. I'm glad you were not hurt seriously. Cars can be like our 'babies' , I know. I was very upset when mine was totaled.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 09:34:28 PM »
Glad you're ok! My partner still has back problems from just such an accident over 15 years ago. Make sure you get checked out but good!

SlyHigh

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 06:11:15 AM »
Glad you are ok!

My mom's car was totalled with a full tank of gas.  We tried to siphon it out, but it had some sort of check valve to prevent the hose from going all the way to the tank.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:51:59 AM »
Zzaapp so glad you are OK.  We love our cars but the are just mechanical things that can be replaced.  And we definately can't replace you.  Good luck
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 01:22:13 PM »
Glad that you're okay.  Get a truck, next time.  I have a big Toyota Tundra.  I got rear-ended about a year ago.  The guy that hit me destroyed his front end and broke his radiator.  I only had a little dent in my bumper.  No repair needed.  He mostly hit my tow hitch.  Didn't even scratch it.   O0

SlyHigh

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 02:50:08 PM »
I know people who leave the ball and hitch in the receiver just in case they get rear ended.

My uncle drives a big Lexus SUV (he calls it his truck.  ha!) and got rear ended.  He had a hitch mounted bike rack that took all the damage.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 10:16:01 PM »
hey zzaapp:  sorry 2 hear about the accident.  i'm so glad that U were not seriously injured. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

(|8-)

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 01:38:02 AM »
Your insurance doesn't cover gas in the tank? Just be sure to note it on your claim form! 

I remember being impressed by all the weird things they added up when I totalled my car a few years ago (at 5 mph, nobody was hurt, it was just a really old car).  I even got extra points for the interior being very clean.  (It pays to buy gray.)  Whoever buys up junk cars apparently pays the insurance company for half-worn tires, reusable upholstery, nameplates, all kinds of stuff. 

Ice and painkillers keep the swelling down even if you can't feel anything yet.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 06:27:50 AM »
Zzaapp, sorry to hear that this happened and glad your okay of sorts but your probably pretty sore today.

Offline balddad77

• Sly Jr.
  • Fair winds and following seas!
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 06:54:21 AM »
Sorry to hear about the accident!  Glad your ok though!  As much as we love our cars, that stuff can be replaced.  Thankfully you are ok!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090803/samp819057a71e44ad25.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »
It's only a car ... The loss could have been much greater.  The part about the detailing does  suck
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: