Author Topic: Finding Headblade products (in Canada)  (Read 21912 times)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
Finding Headblade products (in Canada)
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:46:44 AM »
Mostly towards the Canadians sly bros, and any visitors:

Lawton's Drugs - carries HB products (noticed this one in a recent flyer)
Pharmasave - also carries HB products

If you know of any other stores, or find a new one add it to this thread.  O0 Cheers.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Finding Headblade products (in Canada)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 11:58:13 AM »
I had beel looking for a LONG time, and I only ever found HeadBlade products at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I e-mailed HeadBlade asking them where I could get all their products here in Canada.  They were surprisingly fast in responding and here is what they said:

Shoppers Drug Mart carries the HeadBlade Sport, HeadLube Matte and HeadSlick shave cream.  You can find all three products at London Drug as well as the Triple Blade Accessory  Kits.  Unfortunately none of our other products are presently carried in Canada.

Offline SMURPH

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:02:52 AM »
Hey fellow bald guys,

My first post on this forum. I was doing some research about Headblade products and came across the site. I've been shaving my dome for almost 14 years and have used almost every razor out there. I discovered the Headblade years ago but never bought one. Just received one for Christmas and I like it. Took a few minutes to get into a rhythm but no cuts - sensor excel blades. I've been using 5 blade razors but they clog too often. And at $50 for 16 blades, i'm looking forward to double blades again :).

ANYWAY... I just wanted to say... in Edmonton, Alberta I went on a search for Headblade products - namely the Slick shaving cream. The new Shoppers drug mart near me didn't even know what the headblade was. So off to London Drugs and found everything except the glossy lube. And they currently have everything on sale - about %40 off. Lube was $7 and the shaving cream was $6.49/ 8oz bottle. I bought 4! I tried it out and it's nice and slick!

Also shaved in both directions... we'll see if I get any ingrowns. Yikes!

Happy New Year!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:38:18 PM »
Welcome SMURPH and thanks for the recommendation.  Post up an introduction in the Introduction section.  Glad you are here.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »
Welcome SMURPH and thanks for the recommendation.  Post up an introduction in the Introduction section.  Glad you are here.

Howdy, can you pls tell me which London Drugs had everything?  I found the Sport and Gel at Save On foods but nothing else.
I tried a number of London Drugs but didn't find anything related.  Seems like a hit and miss.
Thanks,

N

Offline thatguy26

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:07:22 PM »
I'm in Edmonton and I can't seem to find the headblade anywhere? I've checked a few London Drugs and Shoppers... anyone?

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 04:17:52 PM »
 Best bet wud be to go online.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 07:07:14 AM »
Found Headblade products at Save On Foods on Gateway and 34th Avenue.  They have the Sport and Headslick.

Offline SMURPH

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »
Sorry to take so long to respond. I found them at the London Drugs in South Edmonton Common. I was in there a few weeks ago and they seem to have dropped the entire line.

I dropped in to Sobey's on Ellerslie and 91 St and found the razor, the slick and the matte lube. Unfortunately no one seems to carry the glossy. I want to try it!!

As for my shaving method - i no longer shave in both directions. Ouch... I had more than a few ingrowns for a couple of weeks. Not pretty. Time to do a Vegas trip and load up on product. Shipping from headblade.com for 1 bottle of $9 slick is $23 !!No thanks.

Smurph

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:47:35 AM »
Was at Save On on 34th and Gateway today and bought some Slick and they now carry Lube. O0

Offline SMURPH

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 12:24:35 PM »
Glad you were able to find some :). I did get an email back from HB regarding finding products in Canada. As follows:

Hi Scott,
Thanks for contacting us.  We would love to have all of our products
available at retail for you, but all of our Canadian distribution is
handled by a separate company.  They purchase directly from us and are
responsible for finding all commercial distribution channels from there.
They have chosen to purchase the HeadBlade Sport, HeadSlick shave cream,
HeadLube Matte and our HeadBlade brand replacement blades. 

If you would like to place an order for HeadLube Glossy on our website,
use the coupon code BLADER at checkout for 30% off your entire order.
If you order a few bottles at once it will help cover the shipping cost
to Canada.  Sorry for the inconvenience, please let me know if you have
any other questions.  Thanks for your support! 

Lee Richardson

-------------------HeadBlade, Inc.
3623 Eastham Dr.
Culver City, CA 90232
T: 1.310.842.7630 Ext.206
F: 1.310.842.7633
www.headblade.com

Offline SMURPH

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »
If anyone wants to combine an order for some glossy, let me know :). I ride down and through Calgary quite a bit.

Offline StilBald

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »
Dont know if guys are still looking for Headblade products but I just came across this website with free shipping inside Canada.

http://well.ca/brand/headblade.html?gclid=CK3fmcGs26YCFRg8gwodgzs11g

Hope this helps

Offline LawrenceG

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 07:06:29 PM »
Hey Guys, long time lurker here but thought I'd give you some news. Blader buddy of mine just called from Ottawa and said Headblade is back in Canada. Just checked out the site (Headblade.ca) and it looks like they carry just about everything. Thought you might want to know. Love their shaving lotion.
Cheers
Lawrence of Canadia

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »
I had beel looking for a LONG time, and I only ever found HeadBlade products at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I e-mailed HeadBlade asking them where I could get all their products here in Canada.  They were surprisingly fast in responding and here is what they said:

Shoppers Drug Mart carries the HeadBlade Sport, HeadLube Matte and HeadSlick shave cream.  You can find all three products at London Drug as well as the Triple Blade Accessory  Kits.  Unfortunately none of our other products are presently carried in Canada.
At least they respond you, when I asked them anywhere I can find HB in Ho Chi Minh City, they ignored me.