Author Topic: Tip for shine  (Read 7021 times)

JohnMont

Tip for shine
« on: August 18, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »
on another thread RobMeister had a link which gave tips for shaving.  It mentioned tea tree oil for general skin conditioning but also said it leaves a nice shine.   Anybody have any thoughts/observations about tea tree oil?  I think I'm gonna try it!

John

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Tip for shine
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 06:28:50 PM »
Never tried it John, but shdwwlk seemed to find info that it could have side effects. Check this link:
http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=1611.0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »
Check out my new avatar.  To get that shine, I sprayed my head with High Gloss polyurethane floor finish.

J/K of course!  Cold water and Headlube Glossy O0

Notice the trees reflecting on the head.  First time I've ever seen that in any of my photos.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 07:42:55 PM »
I hear that Mop&Glow works great!! :*))
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »
HEY the tea tree oil....NO...do not do it.  It will gas you out.  I am tellin ya. Someone told my wife that it was good for skin rash. My daughter deals with skin rashes adn we tried it on her.....just be ready to be alone for about 2 hours until the stink wears off.  Have you ever smelled tea tree oil???????  It is a scent of its own.  It will actually take your breath away.  And to have it on a persons head..so close to your nose....I dont think you will be long before you hit the showers to get it off.  Trust me on this one....it STINKS!......

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 08:01:04 PM »
Check out my new avatar.  To get that shine, I sprayed my head with High Gloss polyurethane floor finish.

J/K of course!  Cold water and Headlube Glossy O0

Notice the trees reflecting on the head.  First time I've ever seen that in any of my photos.
't

Great new avatar, Medic.  It does look like it could be polyurethane.  Are you sure it isn't??? :*))
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »
Have you ever smelled tea tree oil???????  It is a scent of its own.  It will actually take your breath away.  And to have it on a persons head..so close to your nose....I dont think you will be long before you hit the showers to get it off.  Trust me on this one....it STINKS!......
    yeah, I have to agree... for certain skin types though it does have benefits but I agree the aroma is ....pungent.   
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 08:55:23 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 02:02:39 AM »
What I find works best for shine is a 30 second rinse with COLD water, followed by a rubdown with 2 ice cubes and then a layer of Aloe Vera gel.

Yes it IS intense, but I feel the results are worth it

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 07:29:12 AM »
HeadBlade's HeadShade sunscreen will give an awesome shine.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 08:49:16 AM »
HeadBlade's HeadShade sunscreen will give an awesome shine.

I don't normally use a sunscreen because of my complexion but would be willing to give this a try just for the shine.   Question though, does it work because it prevents the suns rays or because it reflects them back into space? ;D
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:37 AM »
What I find works best for shine is a 30 second rinse with COLD water, followed by a rubdown with 2 ice cubes and then a layer of Aloe Vera gel.

I second that!!!.....the cold rinse goes a L-O-N-G way to improve shine.

Haven't yet tried the ice rub.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »
When I first used HeadShade, I got more comments on the shine than I did with HeadLube Glossy. So, I can second what PigPen says -- HeadShade gives a "get noticed" shine.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
When I first used HeadShade, I got more comments on the shine than I did with HeadLube Glossy. So, I can second what PigPen says -- HeadShade gives a "get noticed" shine.
   I'll have to try that then!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »

Yes it IS intense, but I feel the results are worth it

Yes Deadbob....thats what I do exactly.  At first the wife couldnt figure out why I was taking icecubes to the shower with me...i told her it was to keep my *&%^ cool.  But yes..the icecube rubdown and then the aloe does great.

shakf

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 11:37:51 PM »
Wow what a shine. Make sure your hand doesn't slip while scratching your head.

Enter your email address: