Author Topic: just an observation!!!  (Read 2150 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
just an observation!!!
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:33:51 PM »
as much as i like fresh veggies on the grill, some have some annoying side effects. yesterday i threw some asparagus on the pit. i love this stuff but geez do i pay for it. taking a leak is almost torture. the smell from the asparagus is harsh. can anyone explain this or offer suggestions to counter this effect? sorry for the nature of this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:31:02 AM by PBurke »

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: just an observation!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:38:01 PM »
Pee outside so you don't smell it as much.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:39:42 PM »
yall got inside toilets? wow!!! the outhouse has pretty good ventilation.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »
Asparagus contains a sulfur compound called mercaptan. It is also found in onions, garlic, rotten eggs, and in the secretions of skunks. The signature smell occurs when this substance is broken down in your digestive system. Not all people have the gene for the enzyme that breaks down mercaptan, so some people can eat all the asparagus they want without stinking up the place.

Ask your local pharmacy if there is a product that exists that can somehow minimize the odor bro, or live with it!

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »
Asparagus contains a sulfur compound called mercaptan. It is also found in onions, garlic, rotten eggs, and in the secretions of skunks. The signature smell occurs when this substance is broken down in your digestive system. Not all people have the gene for the enzyme that breaks down mercaptan, so some people can eat all the asparagus they want without stinking up the place.

Ask your local pharmacy if there is a product that exists that can somehow minimize the odor bro, or live with it!

Is this the same sulphur compund found in cabbage that is supposed to a good cancer fighting agent?

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 12:10:06 AM »

Is this the same sulphur compund found in cabbage that is supposed to a good cancer fighting agent?

I don't think so, but anything is possible. Raw cabbage juice is also an excellent curative for peptic ulcers.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 02:29:55 AM »
Put a spring clothes peg on your nose when you go for a slash  :*))
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »
Put a spring clothes peg on your nose when you go for a slash  :*))

:*)) :*)) :*)) :*))
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.