Author Topic: Head is too bumpy, flat, large, small, scarred!  (Read 7213 times)

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Head is too bumpy, flat, large, small, scarred!
« on: July 28, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »
Hey guys! I decided to write something up about what I see as one of the most common obstacles keeping many men from shaving their heads. It is heard all the time here, “I have too big of a head,” or “My head is too flat,” or “My head is too bumpy,” or, "I have a scar."

Guys it's your head. Let me ask you, if, say, your hands were any of those things would you seek to hide them? Of course not, they are part of who you are! As far as I have seen there is no such thing as a head that doesn't look great shaved! Your head may not be perfect but it is as close to perfect as anyone else's is! I believe these ideas come 100% from our own insecurities and lack of self esteem. Trust me, people DO NOT notice the things you think they will about your head. You need to just set those worries aside and get on with the shaving! Again, as someone that has head shaved for years and therefore DOES notice other mens heads, I have NEVER seen one that made me think that individual should never have shaved!

The only way to overcome this obstacle is to STOP worrying about it altogether! STOP, set your mind on being bold, full of confidence and of being the man we all know you can be! As I think nearly all of the men here that were worried about this at one time will admit, it was all IN their head! :-)    

So, rise up men! Be done with foolish thinking and just do it! Overcome those fears and go sly and you'll love it! Be one of the few, the proud, the bald!! Onward and upward for all bald mankind.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:18:07 PM by GaryT »

It's all about attitude!

slyatlast

Re: Heads too bumpy, flat, large???
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
HEAR! HEAR!    
 O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0

Offline Elessar [[Sly]]

• Now fully Sly
  • Sly Jr.
  • Finally Sly! From hair down back to no hair at all
    • My Myspace
Re: Heads too bumpy, flat, large???
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:41:30 AM »
I have a scar on my head where I fell and cut it open on draws when I was a baby I think it looks cooler now I have a shaved head. The only annoying thing is I have a 'lovely' mole right on the top in the middle of my head thats what bothered me a lot when thinking about shaving but atm i've been fine with it. The only thing with the bumps is Bill Oddie shaving them! lol

I used Bill Oddy rather than another word  >:D
For those who dont know who Bill Oddie is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Oddie
Mae govannen
Pelin pedi i lam edhellen

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Head is too bumpy, flat, large, small, scarred!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »
Wait a sec, that scar I got from cutting my head is something I had when I was in the womb?   :D

I think praising scars is a little much and I'd certainly be happy if they'd all magically disappear overnight, but I also think guys fear them waaaaaaaaay too much when contemplating shaving their head.  I've seen guys with big scars on their heads and the only thing I think of is "Oh, he may have had surgery or been in an accident long ago".  I don't recall anyone having a scar so hideous that I wanted to save the children and throw a bag over their head.

As for the bumpy/flat/headshape thing it's a funny complaint because it's completely subjective.  I hear people complimenting Pactrick Stewart for having a perfect head but I find it too oblong.  People have said I have the perfect shape head, but when I see someone with a perfect head it's not the same shape as mine.  I also have noticed that sometimes a shaved head can look perfect from one direction and much less so from another. 

As for the bumps people need to accept that the skull is a living structure and consists of multiple plates and you aren't going to be free from dents and few are going to look close enough to see them.  You the shavee?  That's different, the shaving process will make you an expert on every aspect of your noggin.

I do think anyone with a wart or raised mole should have them removed asap for medical reasons and to eliminate the possibility of knicking them with the razor.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Head is too bumpy, flat, large, small, scarred!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »
Hey Rusty, thanks for catching the "mother's womb" problem. I fixed it!! O0
It's all about attitude!