Author Topic: HB 4 Blade problems  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Perfected Man

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Perfected Man - Building Better Men
HB 4 Blade problems
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »
I always used the Headblade with the yellow adapter and HB 2 blades ( I think it is HB2) with a smooth shave and no cuts.
 I bought the HB 4 and put the black adapter clip on and started to shave my dome and felt this new blade was dragging in spots. The result was some nicks and small areas where there was still stubble. I went over the stubble areas a few times and it never got smooth. I then had to clean up those areas with a Gillette face razor to smooth them out.

Has anyone else had this experience? Am I doing something wrong?  :Xo!

Perfected Man - Building Better Men

http://perfectedman.com

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: HB 4 Blade problems
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:08:31 AM »
Same experience here. I called HB and they said to return the blades to their offices and they would replace with HB 3 blades. It was BAD.  Just did not work.

And the HB4 blades cost more. I don't believe that the HB4 blades are truly compatible with the Sport razor, even though they say they are. They FIT the adapter, but they don't work well.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:29:28 AM »
I did buy an ATX.  The HBr seems to work well in this razor, but IMO totally unsatisfactory in the sport.  You can mount it in the sport, but the angle is not right and it digs in.  Save the HB4 for the ATX razor only.

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »
I've been shaving with the old Headblade sport with Gillette Sensor Excel blades for a few years now.  I just bought the ATX with the HB4 blade this weekend on sale.  I got a TERRIBLE shave.  It did feel like it was dragging, and it left so much stubble.  and I shave every day.  I ended up having to go back over it with my Sport.  So I tried it again this morning and same results.  I've read that you can put the Sensor blades on the ATX with the black adapter, but I really was hoping for something special out of those HB4 blades.  I'm glad I only wasted $10.  I guess I should have used the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude with my Sport.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »
I should do an ATX school video for you guys. My method yields a nice shave in under 10 minutes and can be cut down to 6 minutes for an acceptable shave.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
I've been shaving with the HB Sport with Sensor Excel blades for over three years.  I've always gotten a great shave.  I bought the ATX to try it out.  Using it with the HB4 blade gave me a terrible shave.  I had to re-lather and shave again with the Sport.  I tried it two different mornings with the same results.  I then chucked the HB4 blade and put a Sensor Excel on the ATX with the black adapter and got a good shave.  So that leads me to believe that I know how to use it, I just think the HB4 blades are not for me.  I'm still undecided if I like the Sport or ATX better, both using the Sensor blades.

BTW, I shave in the shower and it takes me about 6 minutes to shave my head and face.  And I shave pretty much every morning.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:17:29 PM by jamesh75 »

Offline Fsteve65

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
I agree I have used a Headblade Sport with Atra twin blades for several years. I recently bought a pack of HB4 blades and didn't care for them on my sport so I noticed that Walgreens had the Atx on sale I decided to try it and don't care for it with the Hb4 blades or the Atra blades . While I agree for someone just starting out that there might be less of a learning curve with the Atx I think once you master the use of the Sport there is no sense in trying to fix what isn't broken I will stick with my Sport

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
Bought an ATX and never have liked it- not smooth and nicks a lot. Can't get my HB 3 blades anymore in any store. I think the marketing of the ATX has pushed out other retail options. HB Sport is the best razor and HB 3 does the job well. Online ordering is only option.