Author Topic: Go Get a Massage  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Go Get a Massage
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 08:21:14 AM »
My wife suggested that I should get a pedicure sometime.  ???

I later heard that many pedicurists (those that give pedicures) generally don't like to work on men's feet because they don't take very good care of their feet.  :(

I'm still scratching my head over that statement.  It's not like I have lint between my toes (or worse  :*)) ) but is a pedicure therapeutic for the feet, somewhat akin to a massage is to the body?

BaldBradley

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »
A head massage sounds good, I would go for one right now.

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
After being stuck in a horrible, itchy rug for 2 years I now spend ridiculous amounts of time massaging my scalp in a super hot shower. Its bliss.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

BaldBradley

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »
My wife suggested that I should get a pedicure sometime.  ???

I later heard that many pedicurists (those that give pedicures) generally don't like to work on men's feet because they don't take very good care of their feet.  :(

I'm still scratching my head over that statement.  It's not like I have lint between my toes (or worse  :*)) ) but is a pedicure therapeutic for the feet, somewhat akin to a massage is to the body?

I went and got a pedicure before I went on a trip rto Orlando back in '08, it felt really awkward and the lady and I never made eye contact lol

The sad thing though is that went home and had to fix it up a little bit. I never got a foot massage, I just had the water jet tub thing. It was nice and all, but an epsom salt foot bath is just as good, and it doesn't cost $20!

After being stuck in a horrible, itchy rug for 2 years I now spend ridiculous amounts of time massaging my scalp in a super hot shower. Its bliss.

I give myself a nice rub down in the shower everyday too. The only thing that feels better is how a towel feels on your head after you shave.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:00:46 PM by BaldBradley »

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
Not ignoring you all, I just know nothing about pedicures.  I don't plan on being a "full-service spa" one-man-band.  Massage is what I do.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:49 PM »
I worked J-Staff for 9 years of my career.  If anyone needs a massage, it's a Marine.
Timmer, congrats on hanging in there so long.  I did 3 years and loved it for the most part.  There was a fair amount of stress, but overall OK.  I've tried to go back since then, but so far its been a no-go.  Maybe its time to slow things down a bit... ( l!#e  )

Maybe there's something more rewarding out there.   8)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:10:23 PM by Nonick »