Author Topic: ATX frustration  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Stevie

• Learning the way of Sly
ATX frustration
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
Does anyone else have trouble finding the right angle to hold the ATX? The headblade site video shows and states that the wheels are not suppose to leave your scalp, but when I do that it misses large areas in the top back half of my head. Do I have to angle the whole blade up off the wheels?

Offline SeaDoggy

• Senior Chief
  • Learning the way of Sly
Re: ATX frustration
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »
As long as the wheels are on your head the blades of that infernal contraption are in the correct place. No need to angle.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »
Some pressure is required so the blades sit flush on your head. Too much pressure will cause irritation and run the risk for cuts, go for just enough pressure to sit the blades flush.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »
I use the Sport and with that model, if you keep the wheels in contact with your scalp (and no or little pressure on the blades), it works great. Lift the wheels and you risk a nick.

I found that with the ATX, that wasn't the case. I found that the amount of pressure on the blades had to be significant and it had to be changed with each change in contour. I could not get as good as a shave with it.

I've also seen others comment that they had to lift the wheels off the scalp to get the right angle. Someone even stated that they keep the wheels off for almost the whole shave.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
With the HeadBlade ATX, there may be times that you want to lift the wheels off of your head to shave if the angle requires such.  Keeping the wheels on your head will reduce any excess pressure placed on the blade, but if you need to lift the wheels, then just be careful with how much pressure you put on the blade.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stone Cold

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »
I'm finding the ATX useless unless I take the wheels off as it leaves plenty of stubble and misses loads. Thinking of changing any recommendations?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »
Get a HeadBlade Sport. It's great!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields