Author Topic: Is it me?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
Is it me?
« on: June 27, 2013, 10:00:48 AM »
It might be just me, but after you first shaved your head, did you start to suddenly notice other bald guys around you more?  I swear I never really saw many before, now I see them everywhere!  Yesterday on my lunch walk (about 3/4 to a mile everyday), I counted 19 completely bald guys.  Thats not counting guys with the side hair.  That number just seems high even though I am walking downtown LOL

Just thought I'd share that observation  ;)

** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Is it me?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 10:48:57 AM »
No, It's perfectly normal.....And it's not just with shaved heads....When I bought my truck eight years ago, I suddenly noticed that there were many trucks of the same models on the street, something I would not have done had I not bought the truck. In my bowling league, I counted as many as 36 guys at one time with shaved heads, so it's not just you.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 02:03:11 PM »
It's called the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon!

The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon occurs when a person, after having learned some new piece of audible or visual information like a new fact, word, phrase, image or other item for the first time, encounters that item again, perhaps several times, shortly after having learned it.

Several members of my family have been running into it since we named our son Atticus. Since he was born lots of them have told me how they never really heard it used before, but now they see it in the credits for TV and movies, they over hear it in public, etc.

It's very, very common and not just you  O0
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »
^^^This is why we keep Vash around. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
Very true.  Nowadays even in far off Oz the cities are full of bald men young and old, chief executives and workers.  It is a world wide phenomenon and you certainly notice it more when you first shave.
Roger

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
wow!  It's a phenomenon LOL  And thanks for the knowledge Vash!
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Enter your email address: