Author Topic: Shaving with Baby Oil  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Sly Red Eye

• Sly Red Eye
  • Learning the way of Sly
Shaving with Baby Oil
« on: June 10, 2014, 01:03:57 PM »
I've been shaving my head for about two months straight with my Murker 33c DE Razor.  I'm not big on spending loads of money of products, so I usually lather up with baby oil (mineral oil) followed by Noxzema shaving cream.  It's fast and easy for me.

Anyways I ran out of shaving cream last week and decided to use only baby oil to lather up with.  I feel I've got the closest shave I have ever gotten using just the oil.  However it is a huge pain the ass!  I have to apply more pressure and cover the same spots more than once.  It is a bit slower and is very hard to clean afterwards.  But in the end, I have little to no irritation.

I am curious if any of you have shaved with just oil, do you think it's easier, harder, does it get closer or am I just seeing things. LOL!!!

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
Re: Shaving with Baby Oil
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »
I recently started using baby oil as my pre shave lotion, I do think it improves the shaving experience.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 05:02:29 PM »
Wow very interesting. 

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:08:45 AM »
I've never used baby oil by itself but have used it in conjunction with shaving gel since I started shaving my head.  I'd be afraid of getting bad razor burn if I only used baby oil to shave with. 

Enter your email address: