Author Topic: Custom shave cream/gel mix.  (Read 1138 times)

Offline dyerseve726

• Learning the way of Sly
Custom shave cream/gel mix.
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »
Not that long ago, I switched from a Mach III (which destroyed my scalp, clogged up, and cost a fortune) + canned shave gel, to an old fashioned double edge safety razor, badger brush, and cream. 

Before I made the switch, I tried headblade gel and marveled at the way it made my razor glide.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work well whipped up with a brush and doesn't last long applying directly. 

With the safety razor and shave cream, I found that my blade would stick occasionally which would be my most likely time to cut myself.  After whipping up a cup full of Proraso one morning, a thought came to me...why not add a little of the headblade gel to the mix after whipping up the shave cream?  Just a small dollop of the gel added and whipped into the already prepared cream gave me a PERFECT combination of fluffiness vs. glide.  I can't explain to you the difference, but it's night and day.  I have repeated this step with Art of Shaving cream as well and it greatly enhances the glide.

It's my first day on the forum, so I thought I'd share my favorite trick :)  I hope someone finds it useful.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
Re: Custom shave cream/gel mix.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
nice trick welcome

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »
Indeed, welcome.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »
I know just what you mean, I have a little concoction of my own, good to see you've found your thing