Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Myself

• Sly Guy in Training
What to do?
« on: October 27, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »
I have posted a bit before. When i look at your shaved pics you all look fine. I have a pronounced ridge that runs from ear to ear when I feel my skull and it flattens out on top!!

Really stopping me shaving it. Anyone else have a skull similar? Feels deformed somehow :(

Words of advice of what to do would be great.

Moggo.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »
the back of my head isn't as the front is, it isn't smooth, it has curves and so on (bumps)
for the first 3 or 4 shaves, I've learned how to shave it
after two weeks, I'm like playing with the blade, it's like a game, fast and dangerous, but with no cuts :)
go ahead and shave it!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »
Why not try going SLY?

Chances are you only think it won't be a good look...when in all probability it will be a GREAT LOOK!

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
Try shaving it for awhile....you can grow it back if you don't like it.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »
Each individual has a different shape of head, it is part of what makes us unique and defines our individuality. It all boils down to the attitude on how you will carry the bald look. Best regards.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline ifbguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:11:28 AM »
I've got four "ridges" in my head (two on each side) that are about an 1/8" deep and 1.5" long going from front to back.  I've had them since high school when I got dehydrated lifeguarding (at least that's when someone noticed them under my hair and what we decided caused them).

I just shave over them.  If I don't get all the hair out in those areas, it's hardly noticeable, so I've stopped trying to.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 08:40:20 AM »
No one has the albolute perfect shaped head.

You should give it a shave and try it out for 30 days to see what you think. It'll grow back if you don't like it.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25:58 AM »
Almost everyone of us said something very similar to what you are saying at some point prior to doing the deed.

Most likely what you are feeling with your fingers is far less obvious than what you think it is. Probably it will not be at all apparent if/when shaved.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Myself

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess it is a similar kind of dip/ridge to Agassi. Last time I shaved my head short I got called Lego man by a few people, when quizzed they said it looked like I had clipped my hair on as i have dark hair too. I have managed to now convince myself that it is because my head is square and flat :(

Depressing at the moment.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 04:38:27 PM »
If you say your head is similar to that of Andre Agassi, there is nothing to be depressed about....
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »
Don't be  :( because of what other's think.  Everyone has imperfections.  If you also learn to laugh at yourself, it takes the power away from everyone else to make you  :( and you'll be  :).

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 12:24:40 AM »
Nobody has a perfect skull... don't mind that, if you enjoy being bald, just do it!

Offline devonlad

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 03:51:13 AM »
I thought I had a really wierd shaped head before I took the plunge. infact now I think my headshape looks better sly than it ever did with hair. Try going sly if you really dont like it you have not lost anything but have at least tried it

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 09:06:39 AM »
You will never know what you will look like bald unless you shave your dome.  So do it.  You can't decide if you like it or not if you do not do the deed.  As was said earlier, whatever bumps or dips you find on you scalp with your hand will seem much greater than they will appear once shaved.

Enter your email address: