Author Topic: Please noooooo dont do this!  (Read 8666 times)

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Please noooooo dont do this!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 11:09:27 PM »
Dave, don't look!  It's beyond hideous!  Definitely a mental life scarring experience! :o :o

Offline pdbrin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 07:41:51 PM »
I don't find it that disturbing... I really feel sad for him... Imagine being in HIS position/frame of mind... it is/was his solution to be happy and feel good about himself.  Personally I would never do it... our solution was simpler...

I really hopes it works for him.. (on a side note: imagine the pain!)

Offline BuzzDawg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 07:52:51 AM »
I suppose it's this guy's personal decision, and a reflection of his personal monetary and aesthetic values. If he's happy and can afford, I guess that's all that matters.

For me, I apologize for sounding like a typical banking/finance/investment dork (which I am), but I keep thinking, "Hmm...$12,000 at a 5.50% annual return, compounded over 20 years until I retire..."

Then figure in that I save at least $500 a year by not visiting the barber every two weeks and savings on hair care products. But to be fair, I probably spend an additional $50 or so each year on HeadSlick and replacing razor blades a few days sooner than if I didn't shave my head.

Let's just say that, 20 years from now I think I'll look a whole heck of a lot better with an additional $50,000 in my portfolio and an unscarred noggin...
Now if a man loses the hair of his head, he is bald; he is clean.
- Leviticus 13:40

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »
Guys, I can understand why someone would deal with transplants - I myself did twenty years ago.
I was only 27 or 28, and my hair loss was getting pretty bad.  I was desperate.  I was single, lonely, in a band, and losing my freaking hair! I was so depressed.  It was so unfair. I was a hair worshipper.
You also have to remember, that in 1989, the sly look was not common, popular, or cool as it is today. The only sly guys then were Mr. Clean or some crazy villain type dude stereotype.

If I could go back and change it, I probably would not have done the procedure, (and saved myself about 5 $ grand!) but.. times were different then.

Today, however, I cannot see why anyone would do it.  The sly look is now fairly common and totally acceptable, it doesn't give guys the hard, emotionless bad-guy image stigma it once did.
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »
I suppose it's this guy's personal decision, and a reflection of his personal monetary and aesthetic values. If he's happy and can afford, I guess that's all that matters.

For me, I apologize for sounding like a typical banking/finance/investment dork (which I am), but I keep thinking, "Hmm...$12,000 at a 5.50% annual return, compounded over 20 years until I retire..."

Then figure in that I save at least $500 a year by not visiting the barber every two weeks and savings on hair care products. But to be fair, I probably spend an additional $50 or so each year on HeadSlick and replacing razor blades a few days sooner than if I didn't shave my head.

Let's just say that, 20 years from now I think I'll look a whole heck of a lot better with an additional $50,000 in my portfolio and an unscarred noggin...

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »
I don't know what all the hubbub is about. I think his new widow's peak looks really good. !*u%e

It's actually got me thinking about getting a HT my-own-self! B$F!g
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.