Poll

I believe that the following diet pattern will result in weight loss____

low carb diet
low fat diet
low bad carbs and low fat
low carb high protein
low fat high protein

Author Topic: Weight Loss Poll  (Read 4146 times)

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
Re: Weight Loss Poll
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »
Thanks guys for your input on this topic!

Fred Man

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 07:37:50 AM »
dropped about 30 pounds so far this year. all i did was cut out regular soda. try to eat smaller portions more often. seems to be working for me.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 08:07:58 AM »
dropped about 30 pounds so far this year. all i did was cut out regular soda. try to eat smaller portions more often. seems to be working for me.
hey paulie:  way 2 go, brah!!!

MEL O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline lifeinthesouth

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 08:22:36 AM »
I have lost 18 lbs. in 2 months by doing the Low bad carbs, low fat. The only thing I have added was Lean proteins instead of just any proteins, and exercise.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
A lot of what I have done to lose weight is to eat less bad stuff.  Bad carbs and fat.  But I have times of eating foods I like and junk food.  My doctor tole me there is NO forbidden food.  But she did say that I should watch how much and how often I have some of the less healthy foods.  But at the last checkup on my diabetes, whe was pleased with my weight loss.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »
>My doctor tole me there is NO forbidden food.  But she did say that I should watch ...

This is exactly what works for me. I know that if I were to tell myself "You can never have fried chicken again", I'd end up craving it, and go off the deep end. So I can still have fried chicken -- but only when I really really want it. I'm lucky in that I'm quite handy in the kitchen and so have complete control over what I eat and how it's made.

Also, in addition to just making sure I stop when full, I've become conscious of how much I was grazing. Until I paid attention, I had no idea how often I'd wander into the pantry or open the fridge because I was bored, or it was just there.

Now, when I reach for a snack, I stop and ask myself "Bear, do you really want that snack?". And I really think about it. And if the answer is yes, I go ahead and have it. But I'm surprised at the number of times that the answer is "not really" and I just find something other to do than stuff my face. It's cut down on the amount of snackage I consume considerably without making me feel like I'm missing out on anything.

That sustainability is the key for me. I know I can keep this up because I don't feel like I'm "on a diet". I just feel like I'm paying attention.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:26:14 PM by bootedbear »

Enter your email address: