Author Topic: Motorcycle upgrades/changes....  (Read 8227 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Motorcycle upgrades/changes....
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »
....The wide front tire...is great especially on grooved concrete.  

Ok, gang....lemme ask ya this, is the front tire on the ultra classic fat like the road king?

Yup............. Touring = Fat Tire
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »

Ok, gang....lemme ask ya this, is the front tire on the ultra classic fat like the road king?

Have ya heard of the Fat Tire beer we have here in Colorado?  That's the thing Paulie misses most about livin' here....LOL

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »

>:D >:D >:D Judging from the avatar w/ Koz, he doesn't seem to have missed too much ;D ;D  Kidding, wish I had some too.

Have ya heard of the Fat Tire beer we have here in Colorado?  That's the thing Paulie misses most about livin' here....LOL

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
Ok....'nuther rookie question....

How'bout the Softail....fat front tire?....I think that is substantial.

By the way...I'm not a road rider rookie, just a Harley rookie.   I had a Suzuki 850 as my sole transportation for 2 years--rain or shine-- early in our marriage.  So I been around the block a few times.... I remember the squirly front tire at high speeds on the interstate.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
     Harley taint the only bike on the market....Its just an image thing too own one..
  My Harley will be on Ebay soon and this is what im riding in the mean time ..It belongs too a friend of mine and its SWEEEEEET !....  ( Suzuki M109R limited )..  May buy one of these when the Hog is gone........

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »
Some people think of Harley's as an image thing, and they're right!   :*))  But it's a great image!  Why else would so many other bike manufacturers copy them?!   ;)  
And yeah, the unbalanced engine with the "potato, potato" sound is unique and some even think it's cool!  ;)  
I've had Yamahas and Kawasakis, but nothing turns a head, or puts a smile on a girl's face like Harley!  Sure, if I had enough money, I'd like to have different bikes for different types of riding, but you gotta have a couple of Harleys in that mix! O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 08:29:22 AM »
Rob-

About the front tire on Softtails. It depends on the Model. Most of them have the fat tire... but a couple, the Custom and I think one other model, have smaller tires.

Now onto the "Image" thing. No doubt.... Harley is a lot about image. BUT... and this is a big BUT..... the bikes are very solid, high tech, fine performing machines. Years ago they had issues....... but those issues are long gone. Unless you want a crotch rocket, you'll be happy if you choose a Harley and choose the right one for your riding style and habits.

I owned three Yamahas before I ever thought of buying a Harley and I loved everyone of them. Japanese bikes are great but let's face it..... they all copied Harleys and as NoNick said... there is a reason for that. It used to be that you could buy a big Japanese Cruiser for a lot less money than a Harley..... but no more..... so why not buy the original?

If you've never driven a Harley.... you'll never quite "get it".

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 06:48:22 PM »

I've had Yamahas and Kawasakis, but nothing turns a head, or puts a smile on a girl's face like Harley!  

I would like too think a woman would be looking at my rugged good looks when im riding.... !
  And not the type of bike i`m riding.......... !      
                                                                                  O0    ;)    :)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 07:36:07 PM »

I've had Yamahas and Kawasakis, but nothing turns a head, or puts a smile on a girl's face like Harley!  

I would like too think a woman would be looking at my rugged good looks when im riding.... !

Dude ... I've seen your avatar.... you better get a Harley...... ;)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2010, 08:01:26 AM »

fF## fF## ;D

Offline bartman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »

Perhaps have your avatar of the cat licking your head printed on a tshirt and wear it while riding so the women can double enjoy your rugged looks. :)

Offline bartman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »
Fat front tire or skinny. I prefer the wide glide skinny front end which is why I have one. I would like to get a soft tail. I would like the skinny front end as well, but would not mind the fat front tire.

As for the Harley looks. I agree that many bike manufacturers do copy the cruiser look but to be honest, that is pretty much a standard bike design, only the extended rake was something different.

I use to have a Yamaha VMax, it looked tougher than my harley or any that I have seen and had over 50percent more horse power. Some day I would like to get the new version of the vmax. Another design is the Honda Rune, it has a retro look, looks mean, and nothing like a Harley. Kawasaki had a retro looking thing which looked very cool and did not look like a harley (well perhaps an old harley or Indian)

I have always liked the look of Harleys which is why I have one. But when you think about it. They really only have 3 models. sportster, soft tail, touring bike. All the other models just variations on these, add a springer front end here,saddle bags, different front end, skinny front tire.TThey do have the Vrod but I consider that model a copy of the old VMAX, some have a different opinion but but it looks very much like it to me and when they did a tv show showing how they designed, they did want to make it a v4 but didn't.

So everyoneone likes different things That is why I have more than one bike. I don't ever think I will buy a brand new harley, they just cost too much and I don't ride a status symbol like many Dr.s have a harley. I ride because I like to ride. I race motocross, I ride the crotch rocket up in the mountains and the harley down town. I don't like touring on motorcycles, anything over 400 miles gets boring to me. So I would never own a harley touring bike, It would be a honda gold wing if I did. To me, it is not the look or the image,I I could care less, I don't think people look cool riding sprtbikes or even Harleys. I do think riding a customer chopper you built yourself (not a 60k pre built "custom" chopper"_ but something you built yourself, sent out to have a custom paintjob. That would be fun to ride. That is unique. Even Harleys have become cookie cutter productions bikes and many of the parts come from Japan or some other low cost place. in the world. Sory for the badk punctuation. The website is doing something funy and jumps around when I type.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:11:28 PM by bartman »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »
CHECK OUT THIS PIC FROM A STURGIS RALLY.....IT'LL MESS WITH YER HEAD, MAN...

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
The bird's eyes when they swing and sway must look cool.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
        Wow ::  But look at them bonehead Harley guys in the background . .
  There actually lookin at that Harley instead of her . .       :/O      Go figure . .

Enter your email address: