Author Topic: It only happens to the SBG!  (Read 1938 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
It only happens to the SBG!
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »
This past week we had a meeting of the corporate guys from NY, etc., in my NO office.  After 8+ hours of work, we retired to the bar at one of the largest hotels on Canal Street for drinks at the bar--looking around I thought it was a SBG convention, at least 20+ guys, but mind you this is one of the two largest hotels in the CNO.  Nice. 
Then, today, leaving the building's parking garage, I'm stopped at the first light turning onto St. Charles Avenue, a major street, and a group, maybe 10-15 people, probably tourists,  heading into the French Quarter for the French Quarter Fest, yeah we party a lot in the City, are standing at the corner as I'm trying to get home.  One of the group, 20-30's, whatever, sly and otherwise, sees me in my convertible Mini, top down, and says, "Hard-A$$ed beard, good dome!".  It totally stoked me, I mean totally.  I've considered triming the extended goatee back recently, now my ego is really involved.  Damn, being sly is a great way to live.  Now do I reconsider my idea of trimming back the goatee to a "trad" look or not?  It's a question. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: It only happens to the SBG!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Decisions, decisions!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:47:42 PM »
Paul,

That is a very cool beard.  I've not seen anyone with that specific shape so I guess you're a trend-setter.   Do whatever feels right, but I get the feeling it's going to remain as is.

Andrew
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »
Saint its your signature.  Keep the beard.   I remember the first time I saw your profile.  Definitely a standout.  I've thought many times over the past three months about following your lead.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 12:00:09 AM »
Keep it mate!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:22:26 AM »
you definitely gotta keep it, Saint: its probably one of the coolest beards I've seen, and it looks great with the SLY dome.  The reaction at the traffic lights confirms it. 8)

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »
I concur Saintc.  Very unique and stylish.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:10:41 AM »
Very cool saint, times like that are very affirming. I say keep the beard, it's your style now, but you may want to trim it back, or shorten it a bit as the hot, sultry NO summer months come up.

I went to a concert last night (Muse), and plenty of sly's, of all ages, were in the crowd.   O0

Enter your email address: