Author Topic: Pullup Bars  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Pullup Bars
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 02:59:54 PM »
I tried the chin ups and they seem to be a little easier.  I could do more of them.
I know it's just a work in progress.  Over time I'll build up my strength.  I'm an "instant gratification" sort of guy, so I'm learning patience as well.

Thanks for the tips guys.  Much appreciated!

Have you been doing any pushups?  They'll help you develop more upper body strength, which will help with the chin-ups and push-ups.

GASlick

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 02:39:19 PM »
Oh yeah, been doing those too.  I'm going to a cardio-strength training class Monday morning.  We'll see how well that goes. ;D

Offline Camp

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 10:42:23 PM »
I know its been about a month since the last post here, but here's my $.02

I think pull-ups are one of the greatest exercises a person can do.  Even getting to the point that you can do ONE MORE pull-up takes a lot of work.  Increasing the number of pull-ups you can do is a thing of pride!  I remember when I first started doing pull-ups I would struggle in the 5-6 range.... a few months of hard work and I was able to complete ten and I was stoked about it.  At the end of the last wildland firefighting season I was banging out 14 at a crack! 

I always refer to pull-ups as a 'man's exercise'.

Anyway--good luck with the workout program!  Keep on it.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find out it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
--T.H. Lawrence