Author Topic: does anyone use makeup to coverup their shadow?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
does anyone use makeup to coverup their shadow?
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:14:20 PM »
and if so what do you use?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: does anyone use makeup to coverup their shadow?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »
I think it would be pretty noticeable if you applied any kind of makeup to your scalp, especially if you were to start perspiring.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »
ya thats what i think. but you see all these stars and whatnot getting away with it so it makes me wonder. is there some kind of spray on or something?

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
I watched a video a while back about the show Smallville.  Michael Roenbaum who plays lex luther.   They showed how he got the shadowless head.  It seemed like a very long process of mixing colours and it was applied with a small artist paint gun.  Without it he has a shadow like most of us from our dark hair.  I found it on youtube:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:35:29 PM by BaldMark »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 09:38:25 PM »
ya thats what i think. but you see all these stars and whatnot getting away with it so it makes me wonder. is there some kind of spray on or something?

They have professional make-up people working on them.  And while it may look OK on film, it might not look as good in person.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »
For sure!  A few years back I was at a TV station and on TV the people looked great,  when you see them in real life the makeup must weigh 2 lbs. It is Caked on!

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 04:41:06 PM »
I never really had acne as as teen but did suffer from a MEGA bout of it as an adult, as soon as I pretty much started dating regularly ( The Justice !!!)

My woman at the time though was really cool about it and showed me a quite few tricks with the red marks I was getting plagued with.  The thing was it wasn't a case of being noticeable because it wasn't but my  skin looked too perfect almost like having a plasticy finish. Therefore there'd a be a difference in my complexion when I didn't use the stuff she got me to cover the marks than compared with the days when I didn't wear it.

That part was awkward and after some treatments to diminish my red marks, I'm  glad I could stop.

Something that could be good as a halfway house is using a  bronzer.  Piece of cake to use with a brush if u can find a suitable skin shade and literally takes a few seconds to cover up light marks and any shadow in this case.  I have something called Le Male by Gautier to serve this purpose.  I've had it for nearly two years and use it very infrequently only if I might get the odd blemish problem.

Just as a touchup measure to always look your best for special occasions and events in your life I'm sure'll be fine.  I know this sort of thing can be abit random to talk about as guys. But I do know most if not all us take pride in the way we look towards our loved ones and always want the best of ourselves to come across both inside and out.

Enter your email address: