Author Topic: Found the Holy Grail can stop looking now.  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
Found the Holy Grail can stop looking now.
« on: August 19, 2010, 12:23:01 AM »
This is for the HeadBlade community.

I found a store called "99 cent Only" that sells 4 packs of blades that I am convinced are the exact same blades as the HedBlade blades. The only difference that I can tell is the color of the lubricating strip.
I shaved with a new HeadBlade triple blade cartridge last night and a new 99 cent Only triple blade cartridge tonight and I know what a new "official" cartridge should feel like. That being said, the 99 cent Only triple blade cartridge feels exactly the same and compared side by side they look identical.

I can now get 36 triple blade cartridges for the price of 4 Headblade triple blade cartridges!!

Link to store locator to see if there is one in your area, http://www.99only.com/locator/index.php

The cost of going sly just went way down plus at these prices there is no pressure to try and get that one last shave out of a cartridge that should already be in the bin. Happy hunting, hope you find the grail too.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 12:49:05 AM by Kojak »

"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Found the Holy Grail can stop looking now.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 06:00:31 AM »
There are none of these stores anywhere within a thousand miles of me......... BUT.......... I did notice that the name on the package of blades is Harris Teeter and there is one of those 5 minutes from my work. I may have to stop in and see if they have them.

Those blades look exactly like the knock off triples that I buy at CVS for $5 for a pack of 4. If it is the same blade, they are indeed excellent.
Very nice find Kojak............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »
I also seem to get by with no problem, using less than the most expensive blades. Good soaking of scalp before shaving and hair not so dense sure helps.I like the GILLETE custom plus.   They are on sale quite often.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline BikerDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:53:03 AM »
Good God! does that thing come with a steering wheel? Love the license plate.
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »
So I went to the Family Dollar near me in search of the equivalent to Kojak's Grail... and their version of the same 4-pack was $3.50.  (Funny how most items in dollar stores here in NY are a lot more than a dollar... hmmm.)  BUT, mere inches away... a pack of the same razor head + handle for the same price... but it's a "special bonus 6-pack."  So I stocked up on ~$0.60 shavers instead!  I think that even if your local dollar store doesn't have "the deal" they will run a great deal every once in awhile, and the trick is to pop in there every once in awhile and be prepared to stock up.  Kojak is still in the lead with the best deal.... ;)

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 12:42:21 PM »
I found out that not all the "99 cent Only" stores in my area have these in stock, perhaps they were just out. I asked a store manager about ordering them and she said that we just get what they send us, so even though I have found these blades I may have to go to a couple different stores to find them.
I bought 6 packs of 4 today, with tax came to $6.49, combine these with what I have at home and I should have enough to last me for a year.  O0
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~