Author Topic: So what's it like having hair?  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
So what's it like having hair?
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:17:00 AM »
All of us, at one time wondered what it would be like to be completely bald, how it would feel to run your hand over your scalp and feel nothing but smooth, bald skin.  It just dawned on me the other day that I've almost forgotten what it was like to have hair.  That's something I never thought would happen, since I'd had hair for more than 30 years.  But now it would seem really weird to run my hand over my scalp, and NOT feel smooth, bald skin -- especially since the top grows smoother and smoother as the months roll by.   

I can barely remember what it was like to run my fingers through my hair, or to comb it, or pull at it, etc.  Not saying that I want to go back to that; it's just amazing at how quickly you can get used to slyness.  I'm not even sure how much hair I even have left at this point.  How about you?  Are your pre-sly days a rapidly fading memory as well?

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
Re: So what's it like having hair?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:35:03 AM »
Cannot say I miss it at all. One part of my job entails crawling under homes for inspections and I always hated picking cobwebs out of my hair. Now, one or two swipes and they are gone. 
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 03:54:25 AM »
Yes, I sometimes wonder what it would feel like to have hair again, but not very often. If I had a full head of hair I might feel differently, I don't know. I do not miss fussing with my hair every morning , hat hair, wind blowing what hair I had left, etc etc....overall I think I'm probably sly for life.... O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 04:03:58 AM »
I don't miss it.... and I nevr think about having hair. It is what it is and I like it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 05:49:26 AM »
Cannot say I miss it at all. One part of my job entails crawling under homes for inspections and I always hated picking cobwebs out of my hair. Now, one or two swipes and they are gone. 

You still doing that?  Thought you'd given that up in favor of something else??

marty22

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 05:50:38 AM »
Funny......................I used to wanna keep it forever and now I like it gone. I dont miss it.

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
McLovin' the bald look and feel of my scalp, with no plans to ever grow it back!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »
I dont miss it really.  I got tired of having to walk "against" the wind...because if the wind would blow from behind me...my flap would always get down into my face and then I couldnt see and it would either cause me to wreck my scooter or I would end up stepping off the sidewalk into the gutters and get my Converse High Tops all wet.

So for me to have hair again...nahhhh I like it like this

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »
..my flap would always get down into my face and then I couldnt see and it

You had a combover?  :o

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
i wonder about having hair from time 2 time but i'm really enjoying wearing a slick, smooooth noggin'. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »

You still doing that?  Thought you'd given that up in favor of something else??

I did for a few months over the summer. But that line of work, vacation ownership sales, is tourist driven and our tourist market absolutely died here after labor day so no clients to see. Luckily a company I knew of had a position open. Shocking thing was when I told them what I wanted they did not bat an eye about it.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
Funny......................I used to wanna keep it forever and now I like it gone. I dont miss it.

This man hit the nail right on the head
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline wantstobebald

• Sly Jr.
  • i know where its at
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »
All of us, at one time wondered what it would be like to be completely bald, how it would feel to run your hand over your scalp and feel nothing but smooth, bald skin.  It just dawned on me the other day that I've almost forgotten what it was like to have hair.  That's something I never thought would happen, since I'd had hair for more than 30 years.  But now it would seem really weird to run my hand over my scalp, and NOT feel smooth, bald skin -- especially since the top grows smoother and smoother as the months roll by.   

I can barely remember what it was like to run my fingers through my hair, or to comb it, or pull at it, etc.  Not saying that I want to go back to that; it's just amazing at how quickly you can get used to slyness.  I'm not even sure how much hair I even have left at this point.  How about you?  Are your pre-sly days a rapidly fading memory as well?lol, still have hair!

being bald is something that i loved, and i am sure i will someday have the oppritunity to love it again.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 06:25:31 PM »
When i had longer hair I always used to curl it round my finger when i was reading or watching television: a real 'bad habit' induldged in by my dad, and my sister (sort of a wierd family trait!! :/O).  As soon as my hair dissapeared, of course, I couldnt do that any longer, and I didnt even miss doing it.  We were talking about that annoying habit a few weeks back, and I found it really strange to imagine having hair that long.

I've worn my hair really short (no 1, then shaved) for about five years now, so I really don't think about having hair at all these days! 8)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 07:24:31 AM »
Some days if I have to work in the freezer room (-25c) rather than the cold room (+2c) I wish I had hair but its only a fleeting moment.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!