Author Topic: Harry's  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
Harry's
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:11:36 PM »
I've been looking at the Harry's Razors etc. web site.  Not sure how I got there in the first place, but anyway...

Do any of you use Harry's?  What do you think.  I like the prices I see, but if it's crap than I don't want to waste my time or money.

Thanks in advance.

One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline TSE

• Sly Jr.
    • TheShavingEdge.com
Re: Harry's
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »
I got the Truman set as a gift.  I use a DE regularly but used the Harry's few times to see how it compares to the Mach 3and Fusion.  I like the handle better than the standard Mach 3 handle.  Harry's is a little more bulbous and I found I got a better grip with it.  The razor is pretty light.

It does have a five blade cartridge - so it's closer in size to the Fusion and it's bigger than the mach 3 cartridge.  As far as 'handling' went I'd say I like it more than the Fusion and the Mach 3. However, I'd prefer the size of the Mach 3 cartridge than Harry's.

Offline meanderthal

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:55:12 AM »
I know this thread is old, but i wanted to share my experience.  I ordered a Truman back in August. I was skeptical, but I almost always try new products so I thought "hey what the heck".

I've since thrown out my mach III and have had to order a new supply of Harry's razors and creme.  For $30 + tax I received a huge tube of creme and 16 5-blade razors.  Not only am I thrilled about the econony, the packaging and the speedy delivery time, the razor works without effort.  I just have to drag it along my scalp and the hair comes off better when compared to other razors such as the mach III.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »
I feel like I've been cheating on my safety razor! I've been DE shaving since February and really enjoy it. I recently bought the Truman and I have to say, I love it. The razor itself is sleek and nice to look at. While I wish it had a little more heft, it feels good in my hand and I can shave my head in a fraction of the time that it takes with my DE. And the shave is really great. One pass and I'm done.

I'm going to continue to use my safety razor, but I'll use my Harry's when I'm in a pinch for time. I think I'm going to buy another to keep in my gym bag.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 03:51:30 PM »
Oh, but the shaving cream is "meh."
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
Will be giving this a try. I like that you can join to receive blades automatically each month.
shine and share

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 10:10:15 AM »
I ordered The Winston set awhile back and have since re-ordered the blades and will continue to do so.  I get a very good shave at a good price and the heft of The Winston is definitely worth the extra cost.  Besides, after you buy a 16 pack of blades for $25.00 a couple of times, it's covered.

What have I done with my HeadBlade S4 Shark?  It's just sort of hanging around collecting dust. 
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."