Author Topic: Do you think people with regular buzz cuts look much different bald?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline baldingguy23

• Sly Jr.
Like do you think you personally look much different in appearance with hair and without? Or still pretty much similar more or less? I feel like I don't look much different but it's still a crazy adjustment going from getting haircuts every 2 weeks to being bald and bearded.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Do you think people with regular buzz cuts look much different bald?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 08:13:34 AM »
Yep - I think I look completely different being sly versus having hair.  Even a couple days growth makes me look and feel completely different. 

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
Yup ... totally different appearance and attitude. Bald improved both :-) Never going back ...
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:20:27 PM »
Agreed a shaved head does look different than a buzz. I think the only case it might look similar is a really tight buzzcut with blond hair. From a distance, that can look like a shaved head. The maintenance of course between shaving and a buzzcut is different. Shaving I think is easiest. Self buzzing I found to be messy and sometimes cumbersome depending on the degree of fading. Personally, I don't miss the wait at the barbers.

Not sure about others but I received more compliments with a shaved head than a buzzcut. Shaved is more of a bold looking.

Offline baldingguy23

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 12:48:29 AM »
It feels so weird going from a full hairline up until very recently to being bald in my early 20's.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 03:17:23 AM »
It feels so weird going from a full hairline up until very recently to being bald in my early 20's.

You're not alone....Many men have felt the same way....We just have to go through that adjustment period before a shaved head becomes fully us
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 06:32:22 AM »

It will feel weird for a while.  You know exactly where your hairline was because your newly-bald scalp is more sensitive.  In a short time, that sensitivity diminishes.  It's also a visual shock to suddenly see yourself without hair.  In about three weeks, it will be hard to recall what you looked like with hair.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »
It's definitely an adjustment period.  I looked totally different when I shaved my head but in a good way though I feel like.  I quickly grew into the bald look when I went sly two months ago because it felt awesome and I had a good bit of support from a lot of people.  I still say it's one of the best decisions I've made in my entire lifetime.  I used to hate getting up in the mornings at first but now I look forward to it since I can start out my day with a freshly shaved head.

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »
To me the look from afar wasn't much different as my buzzcut was really close, but up close and personal it was a much better look for me. 
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 03:19:17 PM »
Since I don't have much on top, my buzzing with no guard still made me look bald. So I don't think I look much different now that I razor shave. I didn't really know this until I actually razor shaved and no one even commented.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Asturiano

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »
 It depends. Some guys look like they have their heads shaved when its been buzzed. The quality of the buzzer makes a huge difference. In most cases it depends how much hair a person has left. Guys who are thinning
need to buzz it really low or shave it, so it looks as even as possible. A guy with a full head of hair who buzzes
or even shaves it you will still see an even shadow all around.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 06:42:49 PM »
Not entirely.  It depends.  What I have left that's not shaved, if I slack off that way, is a) white and b) fine, so until it grows out to a centimeter or so (in the dusk with a light behind me), it's six of one and seven of another.

Offline Sly Red Eye

• Sly Red Eye
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »
I think being bald vs the buzz cut is a whole different look & feel.  Enough said, lolz

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »
Depends on the person. I start to look different after just a couple of days unshaved.