Author Topic: Bee Bald 'Shave' or 'Headslick'  (Read 5460 times)

Offline DanJMag

• Sly Jr.
  • Balding sucks. Drop the 'ing' and be beautiful.
Bee Bald 'Shave' or 'Headslick'
« on: April 20, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »
Hello All. I recently took the plunge, broke out the razor, and took it all off. I've just viewed Tyler's video about the 30 day challenge, but honestly, from the moment I was done that first shave, I was totally in love with the look, the feel, and indeed the process. I have an order from HeadBlade in transit that I have been waiting (im)patienty for, but since placing that order I have looked into some different products as well. Wondering if the experienced forum members can give me their advice on which is the better head shave cream: Headslick or Bee Bald Shave (or perhaps another). Currently I'm just using some standard Nivea Men gel that I obtained at my local grocery giant. I am really anxious to try the HeadSlick, which is obviously designed for the dome, but since I have no frame of reference in such products, I'm looking for some suggestions as to what else I should try when the Headslick bottle is empty. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bee Bald 'Shave' or 'Headslick'
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 08:37:24 PM »
Dan, when I use Head Slick, I mix mine with Shave Secret (5 drops) and mix it in a small scuttle with a shaving brush. The good thing about both head slick and bee bald is that you only need a very small amount. A bottle of head slick lasts me about six months or longer. The key is to use just enough to make a small lather. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 01:43:58 AM »
I really like Headslick a lot, and I use it for both my face and head.  I have no desire to try anything else, as I think it works quite well.

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »
I love Headslick!  And I concur with Sir Harry on both points.. mine has lasted me about 6 mos so far, and I recently starting using Shave Secret with it.  Love it!
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline geddyflea

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:56:05 AM »
I just received Bee Bald from amazon and the jury is still out.   First time I used it it gave me mild irritation.  Tried it again last night and it burned my eyes.   I will use it up on my face and probably stick with good old Headslick for my skull.   

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:05 AM »
I tried the Sandalwood cream from Art of Shaving and got a great shave with it, however I get just as good of a shave with Headslick and it costs alot less.  Using a little shaving oil and a shave brush go a LONG way to making your shaving experience a pleasurable one.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline DanJMag

• Sly Jr.
  • Balding sucks. Drop the 'ing' and be beautiful.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
AgentBald, I just recently purchased a brush and some Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream. I am still learning how to make a good thick lather with it (I've only had two attempts), but it smells fantastic. So far just using it on my face. One I get the lather down, I am going to start DE shaving the face. I was considering using a brush to lather up the HeadSlick that I use on the dome. Is this what you do? Anyone else have experience with brushing HeadSlick?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »
I always use a brush when I shave with Head Slick....the best part is you only need less than a capful and it's real effective when mixed with Shave Secret (or any other preshave oil)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »
Soap water bid dipsable

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 07:31:47 AM »
Hey DanJMag,

I basically wet the brush with hot water, shake excess water out so that it is not dripping but it is still wet, and then put about a dime size amount of Headslick into the middle of the brush.  Then rub the brush either directly against your face/scalp for a nice rich lather, or in a bowl/cup to get your desired lather amount.  If the brush is too wet, you'll wind up with a watery lather.  My rule of thumb is soak the brush in hot water, and then shake it twice to get the excess water out.  Whats cool too is that if you need to reapply more cream for a second pass of your razor, just wet he brush a little more and you can get a nother dosage of rich lather from your original application.  Also, consider using a little shaving oil prior to the application of cream.  I dont know why but it works GREAT with the cream to give you an ultra close and smooth shave.

Let me know how you like the DE razor!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »
again I concur with Sir Harry lol  Headslick with a lil Shave Secret is my "secret" formula ;) 
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline Robert79

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 05:42:41 PM »
I use C.O. Bigelow cream my wife bought me as a present and I alternate between a 5 blade razor or my DE Razor. But I love the DE much nicer shave to me