Author Topic: Gillette Fusion Proglide  (Read 8329 times)

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Gillette Fusion Proglide
« on: February 09, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »
Hi all, i went out today and bought a new razor, the Gillette Fusion Proglide (golden edition) and all i can say is wow. The shave it has just given me is on another level to what i have ever experienced before. I would recommend this razor to anyone. Not only was it the best shave I've had but also the closest. It truly is a remarkable bit of kit.

The feel of the razor is superb as well, weighty & sturdy and feels like a top quality build. The way it just glided over my head was such an amazing experience, there was ZERO tug/pull. The only downside to having something like this is the mind boggling blade prices.

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
Re: Gillette Fusion Proglide
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
I'm using the same and I like it!

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »
I'm new to the bald world and started with the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor right from the get go and I agree, it does an amazing job. Teamed up with Shave Secret it gave me the confidence I needed to get the closest shave possible without the fear of slicing my head open like Kielbasa. I would highly recommend this razor to anyone new to head shaving.
I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
Last point first: I agree with the price. My guess that is the price we pay for vanity. First point last: I love the Fusion Proglide. Although my first love are safety razors, somehow, I lost the dexterity after not using them too for over a year, and found myself cutting myself a lot. Upon switching to the Fusion, I have next to no cuts, and next to no irritation.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:49:13 PM »
I have also discovered this awesome razor and I really love it.  The blades are expensive, so I have choosen to use my old razor (MachIII) on my face and save my ProGlide for my head Only!  I had lots of blades left over from my Mach III, so I figured why not use them up.

Bald is Bold and Beautiful

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
That's a good idea mate. It really is a superb razor, it does what it says, GLIDES effortlessly.

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »
I have tried other blades but I always come back to these blades. Yes, the cost is bit much but they work the best for me. I usually try to save by purchasing them either on eBay or at local flea markets. My wife hooked me up with an 8 blade pack for Valentine's day so that helped a lot!!! O0 I use a basic two blade razor on my face to help preserve the Fusion blades.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:17:02 PM by xabydaddy »

Offline Knoggin

• Sly Gun
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »
For people that have CVS pharmacies and get lots of prescriptions or other drugstore items it pays to have a CVS card you can often times get razors with blades for free. My wife got me the Proglide with 2 blades for free. If she can keep doing this I will rarely have to buy blades. Check it out if you have one near.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 10:52:40 PM »
It took me a couple of shaves to get the angle right but I too have moved over to this one and its been fantastic. A very big difference is that my scalp is not at all red after a shave even when shaving every day.