Author Topic: Is there much of a difference in looks between a man with hair and baldness?  (Read 2469 times)

Offline baldingguy23

• Sly Jr.
Obviously not referring to men who keep their hair long to the point where they can have a pony tail if they wanted to, but most men keep a buzz cut anyway. I think the negative connotation people have with having a bald head, is that they aren't confident in their physical appearance with hair in the first place. I don't see how going from a buzz cut to a bald head will make anyone go from good looking to ugly, or vice versa.

Facial structure is everything when it comes to looks, I don't think a buzz cut and being bald is much of a difference. Thoughts?

Offline redy

• Learning the way of Sly
Facial structure is the most important, you won't go from handsome to ugly with no hair.

But if your skull isn't shaped well at the top, or your face doesn't have the correct features to capture attention without the framing of the hairline you will go down in appearance stock to some people. However, some people like the look of bald more due to the confidence it exudes. You can't win everyone over, but hair is just universally more 'normal'.

Offline Lith

• Sly Jr.
I think it's a big difference personally. Bald you just see the skin and maybe a shadow. With hair it's not just your skin, people see your hair color and for some that can make a world of a difference.

Offline baldingguy23

• Sly Jr.
I think it's a big difference personally. Bald you just see the skin and maybe a shadow. With hair it's not just your skin, people see your hair color and for some that can make a world of a difference.

True. I just don't think one goes from a great looking guy with hair to an ugly guy bald, or THAT huge of a difference. I digress though.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
i tend to agree with you...at least somewhat.  If you're good looking, in most cases you're just as striking without hair as with some.  But there is a visual difference between a buzzcut and totally bald, most definitely.  Maybe not much between a clipper shave and a razor shave.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
I started shaving my head when I had a full head of hair. Fifteen years later I would still have a substantial covering but as it's lightened, that's less obvious. However, I'll never be able to have the "cue ball shine" unless I have the remaining hair removed. I would take a minor difference with you; I agree what you shaved is still somewhat visible but...it's the intent of shaving, not the result that is the difference. Oddly, men who shave their male pattern baldness can look as if they're just trying to get ahead of nature but, as you suggest, it leaves a very visible, if very short, shadow of what they are trying to conceal.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
Mother nature created just so many beautiful heads  - - -the rest she covered with HAIR.    BALD IS  BEAUTIFUL

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
I agree with You Mangosink.

Enter your email address: