Author Topic: a new member who doesnt want to be member  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Just a Minion

• Learning the way of Sly
a new member who doesnt want to be member
« on: June 26, 2013, 02:54:59 AM »
I am new to here.

First thing first, I do not have anything disrespect on anyone bald.

Honestly, I really hate myself being a member here, as I am getting bald since 20.

I have been suffering from it for like 2 years.

most of you guys look fine or even better or cool after shaving. However, The point is... I am Chinese, who grow up in Hong Kong. In asian culture, it is unlikely to be bald (at least in my age) and expected to have a nice hair style (or at least some hair)

In my case, my hairloss start being noticeable, and I have to deal with it.

I would consider myself, not fitting the bald head.... like most chinese.  I have huge frontal head, and my whole face becomes rectangle shape... really long!

I have been thinking this over and over for a year. something I felt very depressing, and sometimes I felt i may fit with the bald head.

But in fact, I wish I have a full hair like other asian, it was upset when I look at the photo years ago that I would consider myself attractive.

The hair problem probably keeps me single for 4 years...  Indeed, not only hair, because it changed my attitude to things, and the courage to ask for a date.

I was sporty, and becomes gaming person, one reason is my hair would be more noticeable while doing sport.

I knew all my problems, and I want to deal with it. I read many comment on youtube and some posts here.
Hairloss should not stop me from anything, especially my attitude.

I know it is a sure thing that I lost many opportunities to date girls in my life time because of hairloss, but it shouldnt change my attitude into everything, like outdoor activities and all the social things.

It took quite a while for me to actually register an account here (identify myself as a balding guy), and write all these.

I did the first step, and I want to do the real thing to change either good or bad.

I have reviewed all the products, I am thinking to shave my head...    ALLL-in once...  Definitely all my fds and classmates will freak out, and i want to get prepared.

What else I should know, and how to manage all this....

I do not have any one Asian friend that have the same problems, or at least they are not serious  that they have to shave.

Give me some advice....

I hate being here....  would there be any girl i like waiting me???

It is so hard to find a love for me........   my hairloss...  my noob English (I speak Canton) ...   they so restrict me from knowing friendss... :'(

One question:

I have seen many people shaving their head, some of them would have completely skin color, and some of them would have a hair mark color at the back and side even if they shave it so perfectly (the little green color)...  Why is that? How can i match all the color of my head and normal skin?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:59:30 AM by Just a Minion »

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: a new member who doesnt want to be member
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »
I've been to China many times and frankly there are quite a few shaved heads there although mainly among older Chinese men.  In my opinion they all look good so you shouldn't get too hung up about your hair loss.  Just go fot it, smile, be confident and your life will be great.
Roger

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 05:49:22 AM »
many years ago when in high school in the States there was a Chinese guy who kept his hair very very short - essentially shaved on the  sides. He was very popular person.   I envied him and later I kept my hair in similar fashion. 

Offline jdcsky

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 06:02:34 AM »
When you shave your head, the newly shave areas have not seen the sun and have a different color. After a few exposures to sunlight the color will start to be uniform all over your head. Be proud of who you are.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:57:50 AM »
Going bald isn't the end of the world....There are plenty of bald guys of all nationalities and they still live life all the same. Good luck to you and hang in there!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 02:15:48 PM »
Welcome, Just a Minion!

Don't be so hard on yourself, sir. MANY men have felt scared or depressed just like you when they discovered their full heads of hair were going away. You are not alone. I saw mine start to fall out at 17. I also wanted it to grow back, but I had to accept that what I wanted was not going to happen and I had to deal with reality.

Trust me. Losing your hair is NOT the end of your world or your happiness – unless you choose to let it be. You have discovered already that your attitude is what really matters. If you read the posts on this board, you will see something said many times: your confidence in yourself ultimately is what people see when they look at you. That really is true.

As for whether any woman will be interested in you, I can only tell you that I am not a handsome guy, but I had plenty of dates when I was single. I met my wife when I was completely bald on the top and had hair just on the sides and back of my head. A few women I dated actually were attracted to the baldness.

I also shaved off all of my remaining hair at one time. I never have regretted doing it. I only wish I had shaved my head years ago.

If you choose to shave off your hair, the skin will be lighter for a while, but will darken with some sun. Mine took a few weeks. People will notice the change in your appearance and may mention it, but once that first surprise is over, most people will not think any more about it. You will discover that your hair means more to you than it ever matters to anyone else.

Don't worry. You are among friends here.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 06:05:38 PM »
Welcome to the club, minion. I, too, think you should embrace and enjoy the sly life. Your attitude will have a much greater effect on your social life than your lack of hair will. By the way, I have a lot of Asian friends who are bald and they all look very nice.
Hair is over rated.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
Hi, I am Asian and I shave my head bald. I wouldnt want it any other way. Growing up I always think Shaolin monks look awesome with their shaved heads. They were one of my early inspiration. We are all friends and buddies here. Treat me as your Asian bald friend.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »
I agree with all the guys here, especially with Kalbo. The Shaolin monks look great with their heads all shaved - a real inspiration. Be brave & accept the fact that you are different (something to be celebrated), losing your hair a little - so make the right choice and shave your head nice & smooth. You will look fine & you will also be fine & will attract a girlfriend, soon.

Go for it, friend.

Best wishes.
BaldBill

Offline Just a Minion

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
thank for all the support, I just order the kits package...  I will see and think what is next step when I get it