Author Topic: on order!  (Read 2247 times)

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
on order!
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:00:29 AM »
just ordered an Edwin jagger De razor, looking forward to my first lathering with my antique ivory handled badger hair brush my Bro in law has found and promised me! I shall be reading and watching vids ready for its arrival, any tips guys?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:28:48 PM by Tyler »

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
Re: on order!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »
slow and steady.  Be very conscious of the grain of your hair if you aren't already familiar with it.  Don't get discouraged, the first few shaves are not gonna be near as good.  Took me a couple weeks to get perfect BBS results but it's so good now and so worth it

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »
Go onto Youtube and search up "Mantic". he has a ton of great advice in his videos for new DE shavers.

You're going to love that EJ.  I have the EJ DE89L and love it!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 04:09:07 AM »
Enjoy your new EJ DE Razor Geeman mate  O0

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:38:08 AM »
Nice stuff.... You will enjoy it.

Advice.... Make sure your lather is good, if you make a crap lather just ditch it and start again. It's not worth getting cut up for few cents worth of soap.

Find the right blade angle and then lock your wrist.

Go slow and steady and don't chase BBS until you're more comfortable!

Have fun!
Lynchy

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: on order!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 06:18:11 AM »
cheers guys, Mike, that's the one I ordered, it's waiting for me at home, looking forward to trying it out, I have watched plenty of videos, and the sites/forums mentioned in the safety razor sections, not going near the old dome until I have perfected my technique, I can't believe how cheap the blades are.... or should that be how much of a rip off cartridges are! I shall update my progress... and have lots of tiny bits of tissue paper ready to dot around my face lol

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »
ok.... just had my first shave, very impressed, there is something definitely "manly" about "real" shaving, it wasn't the chore it normally is, I really enjoyed it! my neck got a few nicks, but it does with whatever I'm using, my face is very smooth, and I had 4 days growth, my facial hair is pretty coarse, hence I can grow an awesome beard! I don't know if I'm drunk with the heady aroma of sandal wood, but my skin looks cleaner? Although I washed it before I lathered up, the water was filthy at the end, I'm guessing that the brush has a part to play, the way it feels took me back to my childhood, when my dad would emerge from the bathroom, freshly shaved, he used a safety razor, the feel of the skin is exactly the same.... so yes... I'm very pleased! just got to perfect my technique

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »
Glad to hear it was a success!  The dirty water will pass in a few shaves, my badger brush did the same.  Also, nice choice in sandlewood, one of my fav scents!

Your next task is to master shaving your face and then try the dome :D  imagine that awesome feeling on your head
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:32:35 PM by smoothsailing »

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:37:29 PM »
Congrats on the first shave mate!
Lynchy

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 05:43:30 PM »
just had my 4th shave, only 2 nicks! on my neck, where I always bleed, no burn or redness, and one of the best shaves I've ever had

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »
Great to hear your enjoying the D/E Razor Geeman mate

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »
Great to hear your enjoying the D/E Razor Geeman mate
Hi Geeman:  Congrats on your success on with the EJ.  Post up in the "Safety Razor SOTD"  when you get a chance.

WARHAWK
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!