Author Topic: how soon we forget  (Read 3125 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
how soon we forget
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
At lunch today there was a bald guest. I asked my friend to introduce me to the guy with the cool hairstyle.

He's from Switzerland.  We have some good laughs.

Then Julie, another regular, says but mrzed, you've always been bald. I reminded her that is only 11 months. No, she said.you've always been bald.

Our came the photo ID for work, taken when i buzzed my hair.

She could not believe it. In just 11 months and some have thought I've always been bald!

More laughs.

How quickly we forget the old hairstyle.

isleepinthebuff

Re: how soon we forget
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
You need a new pass!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »
It sure is funny, how little people really notice when they're not being critical.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »
How true, but Mr. Z what about the time you served ?
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
A new pass would cost me $2.

Too cheap.

If they request a new pass they pay for it. If I request a new pass I pay for it.

I'm not that vain.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:57:58 PM by mrzed »

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »
 O0 Looks like you are feeling better good to hear. 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »
A new pass would cost me $2.

Too cheap.

If they request a new pass they pay for it. If I request a new pass I pay for it.

I'm not that vain.

Yes, we mustn't break the bank.     ::)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 07:41:37 PM »
My brother and my 20 year old niece recently told me that I look great shaved and they can't even imagine me with hair.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »
My brother and my 20 year old niece recently told me that I look great shaved and they can't even imagine me with hair.

My parents and I got invited to a Chanukah dinner hosted by some family friends last night.  One of the guests, the host's cousin, was a man in his 50s with shoulder length hair.  He had a bandana tied around his head, similar to what Native Americans wear in those old Western movies.  He was a good bit taller than me, but when he sat down, it was apparent that the hair was combed over a mostly bald top and that the bandana was there to cover the lack of a hairline and to hold everything in place.  Needless to say, it was not a good look.   I knew that my always-critical mother would have something to say about it afterwards, and sure enough she did.  She made reference to it on the way home, as I knew she would.  But the part that surprised me was when she said, "He should just shave it all off", because she has always hated my shaved head! 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
Try to imagine yourself with hair guys. You can't do it. My kids laugh at the old photos of me with hair.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »

My parents and I got invited to a Chanukah dinner hosted by some family friends last night.  One of the guests, the host's cousin, was a man in his 50s with shoulder length hair.  He had a bandana tied around his head, similar to what Native Americans wear in those old Western movies.  He was a good bit taller than me, but when he sat down, it was apparent that the hair was combed over a mostly bald top and that the bandana was there to cover the lack of a hairline and to hold everything in place.  Needless to say, it was not a good look.   I knew that my always-critical mother would have something to say about it afterwards, and sure enough she did.  She made reference to it on the way home, as I knew she would.  But the part that surprised me was when she said, "He should just shave it all off", because she has always hated my shaved head! 

That sounds like a real mess. I don't know how guys put up with it.

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »
Had the same situation last week. My friends were looking at old pictures on Facebook and suddenly we came to the point where I had hair. One of our new friends who was sitting next to me asked us who 'that guy' was. Man, she had no idea, and the other two just started laughing.

After breaking her the news, she said "I've never known anyone who looked better bald... until today that is" and the other two (who were initially very apprehensive of me shaving my head) agreed I looked way better without hair.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »
Welcome back to SBG KDusk. Are you still in China? Hope all is well for you.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 04:13:52 PM »
It has been 2 years since I began shaving my head.  My wife did not like it from the first day.  She could not understand why a man with a full head of hair would choose to shave his head.  It took about a year before she stopped making comments about it.  

She has now accepted that that she has a bald husband who prefers to stay bald.  My wife even told our son that I look good with a shaved head.  She did not tell me this, but my son told me what she had said.  For my recent birthday, she got me a 20 pack of my favorite Schick Xtreme3 Razors and 3 can pack of Edge Shaving Gel.    O0
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:19:02 PM by jimbo48 »

Enter your email address: