Author Topic: Thursday Night Football: Who ya got? Seattle at San Francisco  (Read 2819 times)

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
Thursday Night Football: Who ya got? Seattle at San Francisco
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »
Week 7 kicks off Thursday night with a huge NFC West showdown between the visiting Seattle Seahawks (4-2) and the San Francisco 49ers (4-2).

The 49ers are looking to bounce back from their worst defeat under coach Jim Harbaugh after a crushing loss to the NY Giants on Sunday 26-3. While the Seahawks pulled off another big victory at home by coming from behind to beat the Patriots 24-23. However, an alarming statistic to note is the Seattle defense gave up a season-high 475 yards to the Pats. This for a team that is fourth in the NFC in defensive yards per game at 294.

The 49ers next three opponents are against division foes so a victory at home over Seattle is imperative to their chances of winning the NFC West this season as so many have predicted (including ME!). The Seahawks are not the same team on the road, 1-2, as they are playing in front of the “12th Man” in Seattle. Also, let’s keep in mind, the 49ers got flat out embarrassed at home this past Sunday and will be looking to bounce back with a statement game. But this will be a stiff test for Alex Smith, who is much improved as a pocket passer and throwing outside the numbers. Smith and this offense have been fantastic on first downs, which is key since they are not built to sustain a lot of third-and-long situations. The 49ers come into the game seventh in the NFC in scoring at 25 ppg and first in the NFL in rushing at 176 ypg. However, the key to victory for the 49ers is getting back to the running game led by Frank Gore but this will be tough going up against Seattle’s defense, which is second in the NFL in only yielding 70 ypg.

This is a classic “Strength vs Strength” match up. Prediction: San Francisco 20 Seattle 14 (Seattle covers +7.5).

"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Thursday Night Football: Who ya got? Seattle at San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »
My prediction is 49ers 28 and Seahawks 17. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 04:46:19 PM »
I'm a big 49ers fan (after the Ravens!).

They've got to be pissed after last week. 49ers but I think Seattle keeps it pretty close.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

marty22

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 05:00:11 PM »
SF by 10; over the 37.5

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »
Seattle is up 6-3 in this snoozefest...I'm trying my darndest to find a reason to stay awake.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Re: Thursday Night Football: Who ya got? Seattle at San Francisco
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
Seattle is up 6-3 in this snoozefest...I'm trying my darndest to find a reason to stay awake.
No kidding *yawn*

Cheers,
Ro

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 04:57:03 AM »
Fell asleep...who won.?

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »
I live in the SF Bay Area and have been a 49er faithful since before the Joe Montana/Jerry Rice days. Yes, of course I am so glad they won but lucky for us they dropped 5 passes. Maybe not luck but karma for the defensive pass protection outside the 5-yard rule. Now looking forward to the Mon. night 10/29 game with Arizona and another division win.
Bald Kahuna

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »
Wow... that was one boring game last night.  It was a close game as our own Yelloboy32 predicted.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!