Author Topic: losing my hair...need advice  (Read 3220 times)

Offline prof_lin

• Learning the way of Sly
losing my hair...need advice
« on: December 19, 2010, 12:44:41 PM »
Hey guys, I'm 29 right now, and I've been slowly losing my hair since I was 19. I'd say I'm at a norwood III right now, and my hair loss has been pretty gradual but noticeable...right now I have been trying to keep my hair relatively short.

I looked at some medications/rogaine and realized that these things are a pain in the ass, have unnatural side-effects, and bottom line -- they make you less confident in yourself.

I discovered this forum and love what you guys are all about...and I want to accept that I will eventually become bald with my age, and let it happen gracefully... I've linked a picture of myself right now (with photoshop sunglasses)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4167/nowd.jpg

Also, with some mad photoshop skills, put my friend's head onto mine (whaaaaat!), since its a similar shape.
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9295/projected.jpg

Thoughts? I guess in a few years I'll take it down to that close of a cut...or maybe shave it all...  I do like having some stubble/beard all around, and my skin town is relatively dark. What do you guys think? Any advice/encouragement for me at this point?  

Good stuff...I admire the confidence and support of this forum!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:56:28 PM by prof_lin »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: losing my hair...need advice
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
Well if you've looked at the posts here, you KNOW what we're going to say.  Lots of guys are in your situation, lots of guys here have been in your situation.  You've obviously thought about going sly, so what's to lose trying it for thirty days?  What you have, at least what isn't programmed to fall out in the next thirty days, will grow back to a short buzz in a little more than a week, meanwhile you can see where. due to your genetic makeup, you'll ultimately be.  Trust one thing if you haven't read it yet, you will find lots and lots of now-sly guys wondering why they waited so long.  Since you're going to be bald why not try it out for 30 days.  You will find that not worrying about hair is a big dose of freedom. 

Oh, and good move on the drugs, no drugs, no rugs, no plugs O0--sly is the safest, sanest and most reasonably priced answer to mpb. 

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »
It it's going to go, it's going to go.  There is NOTHING you can do to slow the process (castration is neither popular nor easily managed--just bring up the subject to your primary care physician and see where it gets you).

The general POV here is that "bald" is perfectly OK.  To go whole-hog and shave the dome, despite fringing remnants, is the most effective response to hair loss.  If the hair goes... why should you care?  It's part of being a man and as the hair goes, the wisdom (dome?) comes.   Those who keep the hair unto middle-age and beyond... well, shedding of hair says your testosterone is right up there where it should be.  Eunuchs keep their hair. 'Nuf sed.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:08:19 PM »
I say shave it and keep the scruffy face.  Looks awesome on a handsome guy like you.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:02:37 AM »
Try the shaved sly look, I think you will like it. O0

Best wishes J

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »
Try it shaving it...chances are you will like it and keep it SLY!!! 8)

Offline TheBreeze

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »
If you are looking for some support to just shave it off, you will certainly find it here.  It looks like you will pull off the look just fine.  I did it for the first time 2 weeks ago and really like it.  Lots of great technical info on this forum to make sure you get the shave right too. 

That being said, your hair hasn't reached the "abomination" stage in my opinion.  If any more of it falls out, I think you are going to need to take it all off though.  I wouldn't let it get the point of the second picture with your friend's hair - that's way too thin. 

But hey, you could always try out a really short buzz or a shave now.  You might end up really liking it and then you can stop worrying about your hair sooner rather than later.  If it is something that is really bothering you now, just take it off.  Your mental energy is better spent elsewhere.   

Offline c16188

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:42:07 AM »
You'll look great with a completely shaved head.
Try it, you won't regret it.

Enter your email address: