Author Topic: States Visa??  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Ollie_Boy

• Sly Guy in Training
States Visa??
« on: January 07, 2010, 11:47:07 AM »
Hey all,

Long time No post but i hope u all had a good xmas and new year!

Iv been thinking about moving to the states for a while now but I dont know too much about the visa process or if iv got any chance at all. Im 23....soon to have a Professional Degree in Construction, Clean record and im from the UK. You guys know anything about the visa process, criteria i need to acheive and any other information that may be of some use?

Many Thanks

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: States Visa??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »
Glad to see you back OB. The situatiion nowadays is hard to figure. I think the rules are a lot stricter now but I would hope that you folks from the UK would be given a break. Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:58:21 AM by Tom Gallagher »

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »
I have a friend who came in through Canada and lived here for 10 years before he got a "Green Card'   - - I am having dinner with a friend tonight who is from the UK and just became a citizen (he has been here 20 years - - - -I will get back to you with some information - - -Richard

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »
Ollie - - -I had dinner with John (my friend from London) and we talked about your situation - - - - - - You must have a job lined up in this country to come and stay   or you can come over here with a six month VISA and try to get a job  where  you have an exclusive  type of workmanship and I imagine that being trained in England  you would - - - -You should have a sponsor  (that will help)  Talk to me and I will connect you  with John  - -He will be able to help  you - - - -Richard

Offline Ollie_Boy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 02:53:09 PM »
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for asking him for me. If he has any further advice I would greatly appreciate it. I have a couple of questions for your friend....should I write you a list? Thanks again

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 12:36:16 PM »
Ollie  - - -I will ask him again and I would like to connect the two of you  - -I will get a telephone number that you can call  and you can talk to him