Author Topic: Best nose/ear hair clippers?  (Read 2969 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Best nose/ear hair clippers?
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
I'm wondering about nose and ear hair clippers. I've tried numerous different models and constantly run into one problem or another with them. Mostly the problems center on performance, the ability of the clippers to adequately cut the hair in these places. Another problem is with battery life.

Are there any rechargeables out there that actually cut hair? I am looking at maybe spending more than I really want to if I can just get a quality product.

I am calling out to my sly bretheren for direction. Hard to look good with 2 inches of hair coming out of the nose and ears. It looked good on Andy Rooney but I just can't rock that look.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Plano

• Sly
Re: Best nose/ear hair clippers?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »
Micro Touch is the best one out there in my opinion. Completely painless and works like a charm. Works on all hairs, and even comes with an "extension" that allows you to groom your eyebrows if they're of the bushy variety.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-in-One-Micro-Touch-MicroTouch-Max-Nose-Ear-Neck-Eyebrow-Hair-Trimmer-Remover-/200823437405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2ec202785d

They're truly awesome. And even have a little light on it to give you an "extra view" of what you may need to shave.
Bald since 2005, showing it off since 2011.

Slynito

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
I really like my new Panasonic ER-GN30...battery lasts a long time, washable and gets into those little hairy places.

O0

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »
Micro Touch is the best one out there in my opinion. Completely painless and works like a charm. Works on all hairs, and even comes with an "extension" that allows you to groom your eyebrows if they're of the bushy variety.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-in-One-Micro-Touch-MicroTouch-Max-Nose-Ear-Neck-Eyebrow-Hair-Trimmer-Remover-/200823437405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2ec202785d

They're truly awesome. And even have a little light on it to give you an "extra view" of what you may need to shave.

I think Wally has these. I'm doing some research now because I'm on about my 4th one and they have all sucked.
I really like my new Panasonic ER-GN30...battery lasts a long time, washable and gets into those little hairy places.

O0

I'll check into this, too. I have to say that I'm leaning toward a rechargeable based on my experience with battery operated ones.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

theman

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
I have a Braun rechargeable and have had it for years does a great job.  Bought it at Wally World.

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »
I second the Panasonic ER-GN30.
Got one around Christmas last year.
Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill clippin'!
Keith

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »

I think Wally has these. I'm doing some research now because I'm on about my 4th one and they have all sucked.

O0

I've always had good experiences with it, maybe I got lucky and got a good one!
Bald since 2005, showing it off since 2011.