Author Topic: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!  (Read 493327 times)

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
Hey you guys it's me Derris Felder aka Derris The Barber Felder! I 'm here to help you guys out who prefer a clipper shaved head rather than a razor shaved dome! Since I'm a barber I wanna tell you guys the best clippers that will shave all your hair close enough to be compared to a razor shaved dome! I'm gonna break the clippers up by companies!

Wahl Clippers

1.Wahl Balding Clipper
(These Shave Your Hair Off To The Equivalent As One Day's Growth From a Razor Shaved Dome!)

2.Wahl 5-Star Shaver (These Shave Your Hair Off and Give You The Completely Bald Look)

Andis Clippers

1.Andis BGRC (These Clippers Have Detachable Blade So I Recommend You Buy The Blade(s) That Range From #000(Shaved Look)-#00000(Completely Bald Look))

2.Andis BGRC+
(These Are The Same Clippers As The Andis BGRC But These Are Cordless)

3.Andis BGRV (These Are The Same Clippers As The Andis BGRC+ But These Are Faster)

4.Andis T-Outliner (These Clippers Are GREAT For Giving You A Close Shaved Dome)

5.Andis Outliner II (These Are The Same As The Andis T-Outliner But These DON'T Have A T-Blade)

6.Andis Styliner II (These Clippers Will Give You The ULTRA Clippered Shaved Dome)

Oster Clippers

These Clippers Are Kinda High In Price!

1.Oster Classic 76 (These Are Also Have Detachable Blades So I Recommend You Buy The Blade(s) That Range From #000(Shaved Look)-#00000(Completely Bald Look))

2.Oster Turbo (These Are Also Have Detachable Blades So I Recommend You Buy The Blade(s) That Range From #000(Shaved Look)-#00000(Completely Bald Look))

Conair Clippers

1.The Conair Clear Head (These Clippers Come With Guards But If You Use The Bare Blade It Shave Your Hair Off To A Very Tight Clipper Shaved Dome)

Philips Norelco
There Are Many GREAT Clippers By This Company But The One Below is the BEST!

1.Philips Norelco Head Groom (These Clippers Shave Your Hair Down To 0mm!)

Links To The Clippers!!!

I Hope This Helps You Headshavers That Prefer a Clippered Shaved Dome Rather Than A Razor Shaved Dome!  Take Care You Head Shavers or Sly-Sters!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:37:13 PM by Tyler »

-Derris The Barber

Offline elosogrande7076

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the post Derris.  I just stumbled across this site while looking for this exact topic.  I typically use the andis T outliner to shave my head but it doesnt get it a clean as a razor (use a mach 3 or something similar to clean it up).  Recently saw a barber use the 5 star shaver and decided to give it a try. Though it didnt get my head as clean as the razor, it was extremely close.

I did have one question regarding your post.  I see that you have the balding clipper listed as 1 and the 5 star shaver as 2.  Is this in order of closeness (meaning the balding clippers will give you a closer/cleaner shave) or was order for another reason? With the 5 star not giving me the perfect cut i was thinking of trying the balding clippers as I think they would give me the best shave (due to the name) for my head but Im not sure.  Thanks again for the post.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:13:11 AM »
Interesting. The thing about blades is that....the beginning is a bit though, but when you get the hang of it, it's just beautiful. Imho, clippers will create more irritations than a straight razor.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
Hey Derris, I do have the Andis T-outliner, but I'm in the market for something that cuts close enough where a razor is not necessary....will take a long look at some of the items on your list, thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:14:47 PM by Tyler »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
you're welcome sirharry!
-Derris The Barber

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
Hey Derris, I do have the Andis T-shaped, but I'm in the market for something that cuts close enough where a razor is not necessary....will take a long look at some of the items on your list, thanks for sharing!

Check out the Panasonic ES-LA63 Wet/Dry razor.

There are many on here that use it with good results. I have one and it does a very good job. Not a blade job but very close and smooth.  It is available at Target or I'm sure the Panny store that was linked a couple of weeks ago for a substantial discount.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:15:13 PM by Tyler »

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 11:41:03 AM »
You have certainly done your research well Derris

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
thanks chav! keep the dome shaved clean!
-Derris The Barber

Offline lubz81

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 01:23:28 AM »
Hi Derris,
              I was wandering if you could tell me your personal top 3 out of all the shavers listed. Have you actually tried every single clipper? I am looking for the clipper that will give me the closest shave to a razor.

Thanks

Offline jrcd654

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »
I am a profession haircutter and have used the Oster Turbo for years. Same clipper and same blades. Does not come cheap, but will last a lifetime if properly cared for. Prior to a full razor shave, my wife used to buzz me with the 00000, very close indeed.

Good luck
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:15:46 PM by Tyler »

skinheader

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »
Hi Derris,
              I was wandering if you could tell me your personal top 3 out of all the shavers listed. Have you actually tried every single clipper? I am looking for the clipper that will give me the closest shave to a razor.

Thanks

http://www.shavershop.com.au/products/beard-trimmers/xl2 the xl2 is a beard trimmer but can also be used to do your head. This one shaves it down to aprox 0.5mm which is about a days growth left on the head. they are cheap too otherwise you are looking at a couple of hundred for the aldis ones. If you buy the xl2 or any other for that matter make sure it is made in the usa or uk. Do not buy any clippers made in china
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:01:27 AM by skinheader »

skinheader

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
Update I went down today and bought the wahl xl2 for $50 aussie. I haven't tried it yet but the bloke at the shop had a demo display one and he showed me the ins and outs, it is an awesome little clipper. Should do the job nicely
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:16:30 PM by Tyler »

Offline kbartina

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 05:15:28 PM »
Hey guys, I think you might want to take a look at the Andis Company 17010 ProFoil Professional Shaver.  I purchased this for my husband last October who typically shaves daily with a razor.  He uses this and said it works great especially for a black man, we found out about it after traveling to Antigua last year it was rated one of the best for African American head shaving.  Good luck.  If you like shaving with a razor the HeadBlade HeadSlick shaving cream works the best.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:16:55 PM by Tyler »

skinheader

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 12:37:24 AM »
update on the wahl xl2. I took it for a test run today and my verdict - don't bother. the blades are extremely dull, they don't cut anything. idk if they are just like that or the product is faulty. the shop i bought it from would not exchange it either.It took me 10 minutes just to shave a little patch on my face. Not happy

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 01:46:44 PM »
Interesting. The thing about blades is that....the beginning is a bit though, but when you get the hang of it, it's just beautiful. Imho, clippers will create more irritations than a straight razor.
I think you're right.
I use the headgroom clipper (philips) and cannot do it everyday due to neck irritation.
On the other side, it does what it claims: it gives you slyness.

Enter your email address: