Author Topic: The unknown lurkers  (Read 20968 times)

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
The unknown lurkers
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »
There is something eerie about lurkers its weird to say this cause to be honest i was a lurker here from time to time...but when you know that these "guests" are looking at your threads with your pics in them theres something eerie about it...obviously they are just like us but still.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:43:43 PM by Danny Boy »

It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: The unknown lurkers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »
I guess another good word for  "lurker" is "stalker ". Maybe that's why it seems weird.
Hair is over rated.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 07:50:51 AM »
Of course I am a member but sometimes I will "lurk" to see what is going on or how people are doing.  That is especially true if I am tired, in a hurry or feel like I have nothing to say.  But I suspect that some lurkers are on the fence about going sly and are not comfortable about making contact since they are not sure.  But I am sure that there are some who are here for creepy reasons!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »
Fellas, while lurkers can see your picture and some threads that you post in, there are certain threads that are off limits to non-members....(e.g. Members Only, which is self-explanatory). Not only that, a lurker/non-member cannot access your profile and even if they do (provided they sign up as a member first), they can only see information that you want members to know. However, if any members are making your time on the site uncomfortable, feel free to PM a moderator and the situation will be addressed. As a former lurker, sometimes you want to "test-drive" a forum before joining up, and that's probably the case with some of our lurkers, so I wouldn't be too hard on them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:13:32 PM by Sir Harry »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »
I must admit I am surprised at the number of 'guests' on this site at any one rime.  However I suspect that like me I checked out the website a few times before I finally joined three or so years ago.    There are so many websites around on lots of topics and interests that it would be impossible to maintain an interest in them all.  I would be distirbed if many of the guests are lurkers or stalkers but I am sure the moderators would sniff them out.
Roger

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 09:10:22 PM »
I was a lurker for a couple of years before I joined.  I got a lot of good information and I was uncomfortable about joining due to privacy concerns.  Once I did join, and I saw the limits on what was available to non members and was more at ease.  I did the same thing on a beard board that I am now a member of.
SlyBeard

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »
I have 4-5 devices on which I might be browsing online, and depending on the device and my history/cookies, I might not bother to log into a forum unless I want to make a post.  So the guests could also well be lazy members a la moi.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 08:39:50 PM »
I sometimes lurk, too. I try to login everyday but I don't always post.
Hair is over rated.

bald Luck14

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
Well at one point we were all lurkers since the only way to decide if you want to register or not, is to first lurk.  :)

Offline pttpt007x

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 02:36:04 AM »
I must admit I am surprised at the number of 'guests' on this site at any one rime.  However I suspect that like me I checked out the website a few times before I finally joined three or so years ago.

เล่นหวยออนไลน์

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
Lurkers and there's a lot of fetishers here,that's why.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:10:44 AM by Tony Dadá »

Enter your email address: