Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 178781 times)

Offline Baldtxn

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2014, 08:00:04 AM »
ok so I got my best ATX shave last night. I did NOT put it on like a ring but instead held it like a Hotwheels car. for some reason that worked way better! very nice shave. I do always use my Mach 3 to get the odd spots I missed and around the ears but there were few last night. for what its worth maybe go the Hotwheels approach?

Offline traveller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2015, 04:00:24 AM »
I tried the ATX but preferred the Push aspect of the Sport

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2015, 06:08:59 AM »
Great information thanks for sharing.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:02 PM »
I found that the best way to use the headblade for me was to bin it! lol

Offline Chi-Town POLak

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »
Hello this is my first post, I'm 24 years old and I have been shaving my head since February 2014. I have been using the Head Blade from the very beginning and I shave my head either every other day or every day. Everything was fine until a couple months ago.

When I shave I always start from front to back with the grain and then I only need to shave against the grain the back of my head and the sides. I have been following the same technique and I always was able to get a perfect super smooth shave. I like to keep my head as smooth as humanely possible. Recently though when I go to shave against the grain starting from neck going up I can not get a smooth shave anymore even with a new blade!!!

It seems that when I shave against the grain with Head-blade now it leaves patches of fuzz and it's really hard to shave them of because I have to press hard and it irritates my skin.

I'm confused because I was able to get a great shave in 15 minutes but now it takes forever if I want to shave against the grain so I had to just shave with the grain but I don't like it because it's not super smooth all over :(

Anybody had the same problem? 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2015, 02:50:23 AM »
Hello this is my first post, I'm 24 years old and I have been shaving my head since February 2014. I have been using the Head Blade from the very beginning and I shave my head either every other day or every day. Everything was fine until a couple months ago.

When I shave I always start from front to back with the grain and then I only need to shave against the grain the back of my head and the sides. I have been following the same technique and I always was able to get a perfect super smooth shave. I like to keep my head as smooth as humanely possible. Recently though when I go to shave against the grain starting from neck going up I can not get a smooth shave anymore even with a new blade!!!

It seems that when I shave against the grain with Head-blade now it leaves patches of fuzz and it's really hard to shave them of because I have to press hard and it irritates my skin.

I'm confused because I was able to get a great shave in 15 minutes but now it takes forever if I want to shave against the grain so I had to just shave with the grain but I don't like it because it's not super smooth all over :(

Anybody had the same problem? 

Welcome to the board! What kind of shaving cream do you use and what's your shave prep method?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2015, 04:20:48 AM »
My experience is that the HB Sport gives a closer shave than the ATX.  Sport is still available online, but not in stores.  Both are the same price.  You can get a 20% discount if you shop via the HB ads on this site.  I'm told using those referral links also helps SBG.

Offline Chi-Town POLak

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »
Hello and thanks, I don't wanna sound cheap but right now I'musing Barbasol. In the past I have used the Gillette creams and Aveo but I did not really see any difference between the. My pre-shave prep consists of just washing my head under warm water for a couple of minutes and then rubbing the shave cream on to it.

I will probably get the sport to try it out since I had the ATX since the very begging but I don't think it's worn out or anything it should't be. 

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2015, 08:08:26 PM »
I've been using the HeadBlade for only a few weeks,(my first time using it),and I absolutely love it. Before,I was using clippers and shaving my head every two weeks or at the end of the month. When I decided to shave closer to the skin,I was looking at women's razors,and was pretty close to buying one when I came across HeadBlade on Facebook. I'm so glad I bought it,and I'm the proud owner of two HeadBlades,and planning to buy their Limited Editions pretty soon.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #279 on: December 26, 2018, 06:32:34 PM »
You're all excited because you just got your new HeadBlade, one of the best razors for head shaving. You rip the packaging open, pull that bad boy out and you head to the bathroom to try it out. Then it dawns on you, "How do I use this thing?" All the sudden the blades look enormous, it feels akward, and your knees start shaking in anticipation of what your head might look like when you're done. Relax! It's very easy to use and will provide you one of the best shaves ever, you just need to remember a few simple things.

1. KEEP PRESSURE OFF OF THE BLADE! - This is in bold and caps because it is the main thing to remember when using the HeadBlade. If you forget everything else that is written here, remember to keep the pressure off of the blade. The blade is sharp and will do the cutting on it's own, so no added pressure is needed. Instead, keep the pressure on your middle finger (this is the finger you should have in the ring) and the finger over the wheels (if you have a sport) or the glider (if you have the classic).
   2. Use long, even strokes - Place the HeadBlade at the beginning of your hairline and glide it over your head, all the way to the end of your hairline. For example, if you start at your forehead you should end up at your neck without ever lifting the blade. Pick up the blade and move it over to the next line of shaving.
   3. Go front to back, then back to front - Or vice versa. The point is to shave your entire head sticking with the same direction, for example from your forehead to your neck, or neck to forehead. Then turn the HeadBlade around and do a second pass in the other direction. This will help you get the smoothest shave possible.
   4. Find the best blade for you - Not everyone is going to love the blade that comes on the HeadBlade knows this; that's why they have provided an adapter for other blades. There are several blades that you can choose from. HeadBlade Triples, Gillette blades, Gillette Atra, and Atra knockoffs. These all use the yellow adapter. The other blades that can be used are the Gillette blades, Gillette Sensor, Gillette blades, Gillette Sensor Excel, and Sensor knockoffs like Personna. These all use the black adapter which should come with the Sport. The double blades from Atra and HeadBlade are loved by many, but have also known to wreak havoc for new users as they tend to be less forgiving than other blades. Give either some triple blades a try or the Gillette Sensor blades. Just remember that Triples clog easier and may not get as close as double blades.
   5. Rinse Often! - Make sure you rinse your blade out after every stroke. This keep your blade unclogged for the next set of hair that it needs to cut.
   6. Watch the HeadBlade 101 video over at HeadBlade.com
Hey man. I've always been skeptical of gimmicks. Does this thing for for you?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:59:38 PM by Tyler »

Enter your email address: