Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 180405 times)

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2012, 10:04:43 PM »
I've given up on HB a few times but I always seem to come back to it as it does a great job at the best price. I know a few of y'all are partial to the Fusion but I find the blades for it to be too pricey for daily head shaving.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
Thanks Ty, that's all I needed to know.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline nola44

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »
Couple of questions regarding the ATX and Sport.
Both are the same price. ATX uses a 4-blade blade vs a 3-blade blade for the Sport.
Can you use the 3-blade blade with the ATX or do you have to use the 4-blade blade?
I'm asking as it appears I can get the 3-blade blades locally at Walgreens but they do not have the 4-blade blades?

Is there really any difference shave quality between the ATX and sport using the appropriate blade?
Just want to make sure I order the correct one.

Thanks
Eddie

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2012, 10:52:03 PM »
Same question here. So far there are only the triple Headblade cartridges still in the stores. I might be inclined to try athe 4 blades in my Sport if that would work first rather than buying the ATX yet.

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »
I've given up on HB a few times but I always seem to come back to it as it does a great job at the best price. I know a few of y'all are partial to the Fusion but I find the blades for it to be too pricey for daily head shaving.
same here, therefore I use the gillette blue 3 cartridges.
half of sensor's price, twice better!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2012, 05:34:32 AM »
I recall seeing that the new products (ATX, 4 and 6 blade cartridges) would likely not appear in retail stores for several months - I expect due to manufacturing ramp up and flow through the distribution system.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2012, 05:45:03 AM »
I recall seeing that the new products (ATX, 4 and 6 blade cartridges) would likely not appear in retail stores for several months - I expect due to manufacturing ramp up and flow through the distribution system.
true fact, unfortunately :(

Offline nola44

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »
I emailed Headblade regarding the ATX and the HB3 & HB4 blades.
They said the HB3 blades can be used with the ATX. Also said the HB4 blades will be available in early 2013 at Walgreens and Rite Aid.

Offline headblade

• Sly Guy in Training
    • HeadBlade
« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
To answer some of the questions on this thread:  With the new blades and new ATX we've created a real mix-and-match scenario.

The ATX is designed for the HB4 and HB6 but, that being said, there are a few guys on this site that love the ATX with the HB3.  The new HB4 and HB6, though, were designed to work well with all previous HeadBlades.  My suggestion is to buy just the ATX, use it for a few shaves with the HB4 that comes standard...then hook up the HB4 and adaptor on your previous HeadBlade for the second test.  Third test should be the ATX with the HB3.  Then decide. 

Personally I use the ATX and HB4.  You know I'm trying to make the S4 ATX as soon as possible because I miss using my S4 Eclipse!

Todd

Offline Melaza

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #234 on: January 01, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
This might be a silly question but...

I started yesterday and i am using the headblade my question is How often you guys change the blade?

i know it`s definetly a personal preference but more or less i will like to get an idea.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #235 on: January 01, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »
This might be a silly question but...

I started yesterday and i am using the headblade my question is How often you guys change the blade?

i know it`s definetly a personal preference but more or less i will like to get an idea.

I don't use the Headblade for every shave, but I can get on average about three shaves before I change it. This may fall under YMMV (Your mileage may vary)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #236 on: January 01, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
I shave pretty much every day and change my blades every Monday.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #237 on: January 01, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
When I was using the HB3 I could get about a week from it (generally changed it on Mondays, like Tyler).

But now I'm using the HeadBlade razor with Wilkinson Sword Twin Plus cartridges and I get 2 to 3 weeks from them. You need to try some different blades to see what works best for you. Everyone and every brand is different.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #238 on: January 01, 2013, 01:28:10 PM »
+ 1 re: Tyler and Frontier Guy.

Since starting with the headblade I have been aiming to change the blade weekly.

TBH I can really tell the difference in the ease and comfort of the shave between shave no:7 and when I put a fresh blade in.
Lynchy

Offline Cysly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #239 on: January 02, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »
So I bought a new HB Sport today for $10 at Walgreens and thought I'd take it for a spin. I shaved the dome this morning at 7:30am and I started using the Sport at 6:30pm so about 11 hours growth. I took it REAL slow and only nicked myself where I recently had a sebhorric keratosis bump removed, but then I was snagging that with my razor too. Color me impressed, I must be one of the lucky ones because although it took me a good deal longer than the razor this first time by the end I was getting more and more confident. And this might be my smoothest yet! I used Shave Secret and Neutrogena sensitive gel. Turned out to be the right combo for me! Thanks guys!