Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 180926 times)

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »
justtom ... prepare to be amazed.

HOWEVER ... use no pressure, just let it coast along in 1st gear (a/k/a "slow").

g@@4 Well that came out ugly and sore it will be sitting in the cabinet for awhile till  i get the balls or felling stupid again.Back to my Schick Quattro Titanium
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:08:38 AM by justtom »

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »
That is disappointing, your first shave won't be spot on, you need to practice and master your technique, and when you do there is nothing better. Took me 5 goes to get it spot on. GIVE IT TIME. Trust me.

Offline plmitch2

• Learning the way of Sly
  • 07/13/2012 - A new look!
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »
I've used the HB Sport from the get-go.  The first few times I did it in front of the mirror outside of the shower, but since then I've done it in the shower with GREAT results!  I go with the grain, and have been shaving 3x/week on average. 

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
Okay, I figured the wife spent her money on it as a gift, so I gave it a second try just before and WOW it went much better this time around. No new cuts or gouges, just a little sore from going over the 900+ ones from Sunday. I truly believe this might actually be my new way of shaving the dome from now on. I'm not to sure about the blades that came with it just yet. I will however give them a honest try.But this is the weird part i just found out by watching a video that i did it wrong. But it worked fine for me a lot better then Sunday,I have the blades edge facing the wheels and i pull it back anyone else do it this way? or am I just special that way? it just feels more natural to me and I did not rip my head up. Its how i would shave with my daily razor.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:20:43 PM by justtom »

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
Congrats! I'm happy for you. It really is a fantastic bit of kit. I will never use anything else.

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »
Congrats! I'm happy for you. It really is a fantastic bit of kit. I will never use anything else.
Thank you, but am i doing it right? please read above post i edited it.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »
I think the edge of the blades should be the other way. I think you might have it the wrong way round. this is how I hold it

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
As you can see the edge of my blades are facing up not towards the wheels

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2012, 12:28:20 PM »
Then I just go over the head starting with the front with the blade first,like this

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »
Yes that's how i did it the first time and took chunks out of my scalp reversed the blade today and it went great.How is it safe pushing a blade ? Well i assume i will try it your way the proper way again tomorrow but i just don't see it working as well for me.And thank you for taking the time to snap photos and posting them up.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2012, 12:49:30 PM »
No problem. Try again tomorrow, take it slow, maybe try some pre shave cream/oil to really loosen the hair up. The razor will glide much smoother. Like I said it took me about 5 days to really get irritation free. If what your doing works well for you, then carry on doing that. Good luck.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
Yeah, what they (BBCMark/Cueball7/Mark.H) all said ... blades forward (like a snowplow) with the wheels bringing up the rear.

The two FUNDAMENTAL rules (particularly while you have your learner's permit) ... go slowly, and don't put any pressure on it.

And, it's true that your scalp is going through a period of adjustment and will toughen up.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:57 AM »
Okay did it the correct way this morning all went well no new cuts just opened up one from Sunday.Thanks for you Help and Support guys.I could tell this will be a better shave and more quicker when I master it. Have A Great Day.

Tom.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2012, 10:35:11 AM »
Good to hear. Keep at it

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
Tom, stick with it. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine. No pressure on the blade end, keep the wheel or pad in contact with your scalp and just push it along. Take long, slow strokes and get a feel for how it works. You will find it gets easier as you go.

Also, as you get better at it you will be able to get closer to the area just above the ears, which in the beginning is tricky.
I've used my HB now for five years, and never had any problems. Just shaved this morning with my good old HB Classic.

Hang in there, and keep it smooth!   O0
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:18:46 PM by xnewyawka »

Enter your email address: