Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 178927 times)

Offline valldo

• Sly
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2012, 03:42:51 AM »
The Headblade might not be for everyone, but I think it is a unique device worth trying and giving it a shot. You will have to shave for a few weeks as it needs a little practice. Soon you will work out a 'technique'
I can tell you what I do, it might not work for you, but it might help

Hot shower with exfoliant (I use the Headshed by HB)
Apply Shave Secret or Baby Oil on wet dome, massage
Apply Nivea Sensitive Shave Gel, sometimes Headslick
Shave with the S4 Headblade with Sensor Excel Blades
Relather if necessary
Rinse with cold water
Apply an Aloe Vera Gel or the juice out of the leaves I have at home

When I started using the Headblade I used the double blade at first, still have some of those but don't use them anymore. After, I used the triple blades, I felt they were much better, giving a closer shave
I than tried the Wilkinson, Atra, Personan blades, all ok but I ended up with the Sensor blades
So, you see it took some time to get my technique and weapons sorted

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »
Many thanks  Tyler , last time I tried a Headblade  there was a mess  , have not tried it since think I got rid of the razor  , might try it again

Offline cobbster6

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »
Hi.  new guy here.  I got my Head Blade today and love it.  I have been sly for 20 years and this is the best shave I have had.  Great post by the way.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
I Just got my new headblade sports  with some  gloss stuff , Tried it a but and  no minor surgery but there again I only shaved  6 hours ago with my  gillette fusion  . I can see it is going to take a bit  of perseverance

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
I Just got my new headblade sports  with some  gloss stuff , Tried it a but and  no minor surgery but there again I only shaved  6 hours ago with my  gillette fusion  . I can see it is going to take a bit  of perseverance

Agree with you, the HeadBlade sport, which I also use, does take a bit of perseverance.

You really don't need to apply any pressure. Though I tend too on the top of the head, which is bumpy. And keep the wheels flat to the side of the head and drive it along in long straight lines. Like mowing the lawn ! Once you get the hand of it, you can be quick. If I have time, I sometimes touch up with a traditional razor.

Been using the HeadBlade sport for over a month. I will stick with it. Had two tiny nicks.

Can also recommend applying the HeadShed beforehand which really makes a big difference.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2012, 05:27:33 AM »
Not  Sure  about Jules  , tried it again today  , not impressed  I am waiting for the head shed stuff .I had a go it def did not cut a  days growth  at all and I used my gillette fusion.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
Not  Sure  about Jules  , tried it again today  , not impressed  I am waiting for the head shed stuff .I had a go it def did not cut a  days growth  at all and I used my gillette fusion.

Think the Headshed stuff will make difference.

When I use up my current pack of Headblade razors, think I will switch to Gillette Sensor Excel razors with the HB.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »
Ah be honest Jules did not know you could use gillette fusion blades on a HB

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2012, 06:50:58 AM »
Ah be honest Jules did not know you could use gillette fusion blades on a HB

You can't use the fusion blade on a HeadBlade, as far as I know.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2012, 02:14:58 AM »
To be honest , tried yesterday may hav been pressing too hard with the headblade cut myself and my other half made me wear a hat said I looked like mental health . Not a happy bunny with hb . I will persevere but gillette fusion or my head groom today .

Offline cobbster6

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
Just changed the blade in my Head Blade this morning and started to do the shave and almost scalped myself.
I am using the blades that came with the razor.  May need to try different blades. any suggestions?

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »
Just changed the blade in my Head Blade this morning and started to do the shave and almost scalped myself.
I am using the blades that came with the razor.  May need to try different blades. any suggestions?

I was fine with Headblade supplied razor. No nicks. Then had a nick when I used the gillette mach 3 with the Headblade.

From my own experience, you have to experiment. And be careful and gentle with any new blade. OK, so it might not be quite as smooth, but you are more likely to be spared the dreaded scalping.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2012, 09:01:58 AM »
Im still not. Sure aboutthe HB but not going to give up yet

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
For Baldchav and Cobbster, it's all about pressure, if find that it's impossible to cut yourself if you put all the weight on the wheels, and lift your front finger off slightly. I have been using the HB for 4 months and now I'd never consider anything else. As far as the closeness of the shave goes, the more you use it the closer your shaves get, at first I was getting some stubble by the end of the day, now I still have smooth spots the next morning.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
For Baldchav and Cobbster, it's all about pressure, if find that it's impossible to cut yourself if you put all the weight on the wheels, and lift your front finger off slightly. I have been using the HB for 4 months and now I'd never consider anything else. As far as the closeness of the shave goes, the more you use it the closer your shaves get, at first I was getting some stubble by the end of the day, now I still have smooth spots the next morning.

Agree with you.

Just starting using HB and gillette mach 3. You have to be so, so gentle. No pressure of any kind at all. And still got a tiny scratch just above my ear. But what I did get was the smoothest shave. And because there was no pressure, that was no razor irritation.

Nearly two months of daily shaving. What I am noticing is the scalp is taking on a natural skin colour. And not looking like a fresh shaved white cue ball !

Enter your email address: