Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 180287 times)

Offline junglephone

• Drummer / Producer / Composer
  • Sly Jr.
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2010, 09:27:59 AM »
So I'm finding the best strategy seems to be the HB with and against grain, then around ears and touch up with my Fusion. Still, even after much scraping, it's not a totally smooth shave. Is there such a thing? Never been able to get it on my face and neck.

Currently using the stock triple that came with the sport. Should I switch? My hair is thick and coarse and the follicles are very dense in spots. That's where the biggest challenge is. I'm shaving after shower, washing and exfoliating in shower, wetting head and applying HeadSlick.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »
Different blades have different characteristics, so a change could actually help.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2010, 10:28:56 AM »
Currently using the stock triple that came with the sport. Should I switch?

Try using a double blade cartridge such as the Atra plus, or one of it's generic counterparts.
I'm using the one by Wilkinson Sword brand name and it works very well. You can get them at Walmart.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »
I know this is going to sound counter-intuitive, but I find a get a closer shave with the three blade when I press harder on the pad, not on the blade, the pad. 
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2010, 07:37:51 AM »
I took a chunk out of my head this morning with my HeadBlade Sport! You know its bad when you see skin in the blades. It happened right behind the ear. This is the 2nd time I have done this and attribute it to losing focus on  what I was doing.

Offline jbark

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2011, 06:03:34 PM »
HeadBlade is great if you know how to use it. Its super fast to get the front, top, and sides but I have a roll on the back of my head that I use a Fusion Proglide on.

Slynito

« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »
You look very clean in the photo...and also look like a very happy guy!

O0

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2012, 07:40:28 AM »
Great advice. I have been using Head blade for 2 years now and I can shave my head in under 5 minutes.
Bald is the new black!

Slynito

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
Great advice. I have been using Head blade for 2 years now and I can shave my head in under 5 minutes.

Wow, you're faster than a sailor on a 4-hour pass...I do the face and head in a little more than seven.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2012, 08:48:48 AM »
Practice makes perfect...

When I started using the HB nearly 5 years ago, the blade came installed backwards on my Sport.  It wasn't I saw this commercial that I realized I was shaving in reverse.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI1RbS4kWOY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aI1RbS4kWOY</a>

So...if I could figure out a "technique" literally forwards and backwards, so can anyone.

BONUS:  I still sing the "HB jingle" when I shave... >:D

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
Practice makes perfect...

When I started using the HB nearly 5 years ago, the blade came installed backwards on my Sport.  It wasn't I saw this commercial that I realized I was shaving in reverse.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI1RbS4kWOY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aI1RbS4kWOY</a>

So...if I could figure out a "technique" literally forwards and backwards, so can anyone.

BONUS:  I still sing the "HB jingle" when I shave... >:D

I laughed real hard when reading that.
Bald is the new black!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
Maybe if four of us sing the Head Blade jingle together, we could be Barbershop quartet!

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2012, 05:16:26 AM »
Ok, I have a few questions.

I have now shaved 4 times with the stock double blade that came with my HeadBlade. Is it too dull now to shave my head properly?

Should I go with the HeadBlade Triple Blade?

How about my shaving cream/gel? I use Nivea Sensitive Skin shave gel now, is there anything that could help me get a better shave with less irritation?

Thanks, all!  O0

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2012, 05:40:30 AM »
I've been using a small dab of 'head slick' plus 3-4 drops of 'shave secret oil'.

If things seems to get too dry, I'll add 3 more drops of shave secret and water to lube up the head.

My head blade is still in the drawer, but will likely get it out and give it a first spin this week.  Still using the Schick hydro 5 blades.

Your sly head rocks. Maybe you'll be a trend setter at Penn State.  For a school that size, they need a few bald guys (other than professors). Keep it up. It looks great. Keep smiling to accentuate the shine on top.

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »
So stoked to pick mine up

Enter your email address: