Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 178714 times)

Offline Trigger

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »
See this thread http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=10630.0 for information about blades that fit the HeadBlade and the adapters.

The HB triples tend to clog more, it also depends on the gel or cream you're using. With HeadSlick it is harder to clean them than with a regular shaving gel, that's my experience. It might also be a matter of how thick and how long the hair is. How often do you shave?
  To unclog any razor, I use an old toothbrush under a hot water rinse. It helps extend the life of the blades.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2010, 04:33:32 PM »
Nice idea.
Well I've switched from the original HB blades to Wilkinson Contact Plus double blades (mainly because the HB stuff is available on-line only here, plus it is a little bit pricey), and these have a little built-in push mechanism to clean out the space between the blades.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Trigger

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »
I don't know where you live, but you can get Headblade products in CVS Pharmacy and other drugstores in NY. Maybe your local drug stores in your area have them. If not, maybe they can order them for the store. 

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2010, 11:34:52 AM »
I'm in Germany. They are not selling any head shaving products in stores here.  :(
Looks like they're not believing they can make a big heap of money from it.

But the HeadBlade S4 Shadow with the Wilkinson blades and a regular sensitive shaving gel work very well for me, so it's not so bad actually.  :)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2010, 08:18:23 AM »
Well I think I'm determined to get a good shave out of this contraption.  I get a really close shave from the Atra II knock offs, but I tend to cut my self more.  I keep hearing about Sensor 3 cartridges so I went to Wal-Mart and couldn't find them. I remembered someone on here saying that you could take the cartridge off of a disposable.  So I bought a four pack of some disposables that had backs that look like the Sensor.  Don't know if they are the same as the Sensor Cartridges, but I think I might have found my new Headblade cartridge!  :@`  Plus they have these nifty blade covers that come on them.   O0

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2010, 10:18:11 PM »
CVS has stopped carrying the atra style blades... so that's a problem

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2010, 03:08:37 AM »
i always had a hard time with the headblade. I am able to shave my head 10x faster with a mach3 with less cuts and the shave is much smoother than what i can get with the HB
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Eric@HeadBlade

• HeadBlading since '05
  • Sly Jr.
  • Marketing Manager, HeadBlade
    • HeadBlade
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »
It's not for everyone... all we can ask is that you try it out.  Have you used the HeadSlick mentholated shave cream?  A lot of guys love that stuff, even if they use a different razor.

When was the last time you tried the HeadBlade?  Some people that didn't like the HeadBlade Classic or the double-blades love the Sport with the triple-blade option.  If you haven't tried those, I'd say give it another go. 

But hey, we are fans of all Sly Bald Guys regardless of their chosen razor!  You all took a leap to shave it off, and we respect that.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2010, 12:34:53 PM »
Have you used the HeadSlick mentholated shave cream?  A lot of guys love that stuff, even if they use a different razor.

Bulls Eye!  But, I'm getting a little concerned that the drugstores seem to be cutting back on your shelf space.  I know it's a battle, but the convenience of a run to the store beats the internet IMO.  Hope you can bring CVS & Walgreen's back into the fold.  Rite Aid is about the only outlet now, not even considering our friends at WalMart. 

Offline FightFan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »
I like look of the headblade ghost but I get a great shave with double edge safety razor. Maybe when I get some spare cash I'll buy it. Definitely want to try the headlube gloss and shaving cream though

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
It's not for everyone... all we can ask is that you try it out.  Have you used the HeadSlick mentholated shave cream?  A lot of guys love that stuff, even if they use a different razor.

When was the last time you tried the HeadBlade?  Some people that didn't like the HeadBlade Classic or the double-blades love the Sport with the triple-blade option.  If you haven't tried those, I'd say give it another go. 

But hey, we are fans of all Sly Bald Guys regardless of their chosen razor!  You all took a leap to shave it off, and we respect that.
I bought the sport, everytime ive used it my head still felt grainy regardless of how many passes :( I guess its just not for me.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »
Keep at it.  This thing is designed to fit a half million cartridges.  I went through four kinds before I found the one for me.  I use mine everyday now.  Before I was strictly Mach3.  The Headblade is the BOMB dot Com.

Offline BikerDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
Rings??? Wheels??? Gliders??? Good God, does it have a propeller too???
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Offline rufMarine

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2010, 05:26:45 PM »
Hello all, new to the site. Been shaving my head since 97, used balding clippers till about 3 months ago. I decided to make the full jump to using a razor. I say full jump because I have attempted to shave my head with a razor in the past with horrible results, razor bumps, razor burn, etc. I figured out my problem was that I did not continue to shave my head, if I had kept shaving it my scalp would have gotten use to it and it would have been fine.

That being said, I have discovered the HeadBlade. wonderful product that i'm sure i'll get use to in time, nicked myself nice and proper yesterday and today, I know its operator error and I know i'll get the technique in time. I do have a question for you veterans out there. Do you recommend Head Slick instead of shaving gel or cream? Does it make shaving with HeadBlade easier? Thanks guys.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »
Hey ruf, welcome to the site. Good to have you join us.
Try the HB HeadSlick, it really makes a difference. Stick with the shaving for the thirty day period and you should see a big improvement in the way your scalp feels.
Good luck and hang in there!     O0

Enter your email address: