Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 178829 times)

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
If you want to stay with the double blades go to walmart and get the persona auto plus blades for a pack of 10 it will run you just under 4 bucks.  These are the generic atra blades they do work great.  O0

I second this, the personna auto plus are the generic atra copies I was referring to.
They work just as well, and you can't beat the price, as parksie said.

I 'third' that -- the Personna generics are what I use too... can't get any cheaper than that - for the price of about 1 Fusion blade, I can get 10 generic Atras for my HB.  I know those don't work for everyone, but for me, they're great.  By the way, did I miss something?... I've never heard of the HB ghost.  What the heck is that?
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

parksie

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
The Headblade Ghost is a clear version of the classic.  I have used the ghost 3 times getting great shaves with it each time.

Here is a link to the ghost
http://www.headblade.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HB&Product_Code=53000-0&Category_Code=headcare

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2009, 12:35:59 AM »
Thanks parksie.  I'll stick to my HB S4 -- I don't know why they don't bring that back... yeah, it was a little pricey, but it's a one-time investment, and it blows the doors off the Classic HB.  I don't know how the HB Sport compares because that came out after I bought my S4.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:14:52 PM by Stu »
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »
Got my HB classic in the mail today. Not impressed with HB double blades, I had to use more passes than i would with the triples or even the fusion, it also left my scalp with a few nicks and really really red plus the green strip fell off the blade. Gonna give the Atra blades a shot.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 12:10:15 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2009, 08:32:28 AM »
If you want to stay with the double blades go to walmart and get the persona auto plus blades for a pack of 10 it will run you just under 4 bucks.  These are the generic atra blades they do work great.  O0

I bought a 20 pack of generic CVS Atra blades for a little over 8 bucks. (Double BLADES)
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline 1longrange

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
I really like the Head Blade thanks for all the info.  O0 I belive it made the learning curve less painful. Been keeping the head SLY for three weeks now, the past week shaved everyday with no issues.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:50:26 PM by 1longrange »

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2009, 04:33:05 PM »

I bought a 20 pack of generic CVS Atra blades for a little over 8 bucks. (Double BLADES)
[/quote]

How are they working out for you?

Offline 1longrange

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »
Still sly and still love the Headblade ;D. The only thing that I do diffrent than most people on here is this. I enjoyed how smooth the double blade made the head feel....but they made my head hurt @c3. Not good, did not have pimples, sores or anything of that nature. Went back to tripples and life was good. Went on trip and found a Ghost and Sport on sell and grabed them up. Had the idea do the top of the dome with the double and the sides and back with the triple. Seems to work well for me and the dome is not sore. I use Shave Secret with the Headblade shave lotion and that works great. Anyone else use this method?

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »
The triples IMO are a hit or a miss with people and to be honest I dont think they provide the best shave, the doubles ( especially the atras ) get closer to the scalp but you have to be more cautious and aware because they will cut the hell out of more easily than the trips.......the bottom line the trips are ok but the doubles get job done. If you ask me right now whats better a HB or let's say the fusion or the new M-5 i'd be on the fence, still love the HB but as of lately the little adapters,caliper and everything have been starting to bug to hell out of me.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2009, 07:33:31 AM »
Still sly and still love the Headblade ;D. The only thing that I do diffrent than most people on here is this. I enjoyed how smooth the double blade made the head feel....but they made my head hurt @c3. Not good, did not have pimples, sores or anything of that nature. Went back to tripples and life was good. Went on trip and found a Ghost and Sport on sell and grabed them up. Had the idea do the top of the dome with the double and the sides and back with the triple. Seems to work well for me and the dome is not sore. I use Shave Secret with the Headblade shave lotion and that works great. Anyone else use this method?

I find that it really is personal preference when it comes to which blade to use with the HB. Personally, I hate the HB Trips they just don't get close enough for me. I've tried Atra, Sensor and Atra knockoffs and I find the Sensor blades to work best for me. I get a very close, smooth shave with them and they last longer than any other blade I've tried.

I too, use Shave Secret with HeadSlick and I receive no nicks, burn or any other discomfort. I just love it. O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline PowerBuilder

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2009, 01:49:48 AM »
ok, so i've ordered the HB kit. I'm looking forward to it.

It's obviously like face shaving hey...where you put on cream / oil / gel / whatever after a good rinse, then away you go ?  this has prolly been asked in this thread, but being 7 pages long, i thought i'd post the question here & now

what is this numbness feeling? can somebody please explain it, i don't know what your all talkin about'

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2009, 04:38:51 AM »
Basically, it's just like face shaving, that's right.
The temporary numb feeling is caused by the intense stimulation of the sensors in the skin when you shave. It fades away as the brain is adapting to that sensation after a few shaves.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:15:27 PM by SlyOne »
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »
I sure like this here gizmo but find the triple blades clog even though I continue to rinse.  Any suggestions other than changing the blade each time?

Also, had one adapter bust. Is there a specific way of easliy getting new blades on without breaking the adapter?  I must be missing something.

Had to order new blades from the US.  What brandname blades can one use pls?  They said Atra Plus but mine didn't fit the adapter.

Thanks!

N

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »
See this thread http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=10630.0 for information about blades that fit the HeadBlade and the adapters.

The HB triples tend to clog more, it also depends on the gel or cream you're using. With HeadSlick it is harder to clean them than with a regular shaving gel, that's my experience. It might also be a matter of how thick and how long the hair is. How often do you shave?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 02:53:10 PM by SlyOne »
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »
Thanks for the info!  I have been using Head Slick-perhaps that is the problem.  I shave about 3 times per week.

Great info on the blades. !B@