Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 178930 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »
can anybody here help me with gettin a headblade for me?
i wanna know the price...and we can do this mailing thing!..
please help me...i'm from kuala lumpur,capital city of malaysia.

Have you emailed HeadBlade to see if they would ship you one?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2008, 09:01:38 AM »
I dunno if anyone posted this yet.. there are 6 pages of posts I didn't read them all.
here is the youtube vid. I found it very helpful

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline leerdemmer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »
I just got my headblade (bought it from a guy at Ebay who brought it to Turkey) but I don't have any idea whether I can use it with the standart cartridges sold here in TR. Unfortunately the blades produced specifically for the headblade aren't available here. Do you have any idea with which cartridges I can use my headblade? Thank you...
hair is handicap..

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2009, 02:50:18 PM »
I just got my headblade (bought it from a guy at Ebay who brought it to Turkey) but I don't have any idea whether I can use it with the standart cartridges sold here in TR. Unfortunately the blades produced specifically for the headblade aren't available here. Do you have any idea with which cartridges I can use my headblade? Thank you...

You can use other blades such as the Gillette Atra blades which may be known as Wilkinson blades in Turkey. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mysteriousmind

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »
2 questions,

1- is the headblade really worth it???
2- I'm usin the gillette fusion blade which is to my opinion the best blade...are they compatible??

parksie

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »
The fusion is a good razor and will get the job done very well.  The Fusion blades are not compatible with the headblade.

I like to use the headblade it does have a learning curve to it, but once you get the hang of it you will get as smooth if not smoother than the fusion at a considerably cheaper price.  O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2009, 10:05:03 AM »
The fusion is a good razor and will get the job done very well.  The Fusion blades are not compatible with the headblade.

I like to use the headblade it does have a learning curve to it, but once you get the hang of it you will get as smooth if not smoother than the fusion at a considerably cheaper price.  O0

Well said parksie, and I totally agree. Take the time to learn the HB, go slow, no pressure on blade end is most important. When you get the hang of it, it's quick and easy and feels natural in the hand.
On top of that, you'll save plenty on the cost of fusion replacement cartridges. It's a money making ploy from Gillette imo. If you want to shave with a traditional razor, the Mach III will shave you just as well, if not better.  I even prefer the Schick Extreme III over a fusion.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »
I've been a headblader for almost 2 years, I got the momentum and ease of use on the first shave. I've been without a headblade for a month ( the drivetrain/axle finally fell apart and fell down into the sink ) Ive been using the fusion, it's good to go but I burn threw those blades.....so today I ordered a no frills HB classic model, we'll see how that goes with the double blade.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:26:53 PM by ShadowSide »

parksie

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
I have been a regular user of the headblade sport, but I just got a headblade ghost and I think I like the ghost better.  O0

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
The wheel on the sport annoyed me, IMO I found it impractical and not needed and eventually they started spinning in different angles....it was most likely me but I lost confidence in the sport, as a matter a fact I ordered a ghost when it first came out but I misplaced it...so I'm waiting for the classic.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:09:15 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »
Shadow, I use both the Sport and Classic in my rotation. I find I get the best shaves with an Atra plus or the generic copy, in either HB.
I was using the Sensor on the Classic, but I found It just doesn't work as well as the Atra. I have to make a lot of extra passes.
So right now I am using Atra's on both. I also use the HB doubles, and occasionally pick up some of the triples. Both of these work well too, and I've never had a problem with them.

Experiment with different blade combo's to see what works best for you. Let us know how it goes. 

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2009, 09:55:23 PM »
Thanks for the intel, I've heard that for the money the atra blades are good to go, the HB triples are what I generaly used and they were satisfying but I feel I can get a better shave with the doubles than with the trips plus they last just as long. Any experience with any other brands?

parksie

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »
If you want to stay with the double blades go to walmart and get the persona auto plus blades for a pack of 10 it will run you just under 4 bucks.  These are the generic atra blades they do work great.  O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2009, 10:19:44 PM »
If you want to stay with the double blades go to walmart and get the persona auto plus blades for a pack of 10 it will run you just under 4 bucks.  These are the generic atra blades they do work great.  O0

I second this, the personna auto plus are the generic atra copies I was referring to.
They work just as well, and you can't beat the price, as parksie said.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2009, 11:51:23 PM »
I'm gonna follow threw with that, thanks gents.