Author Topic: Headlube tricks?  (Read 10342 times)

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
Re: Headlube tricks?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 09:13:26 PM »
Shaving in the shower is the only way to go. Get one of those fogless mirrors with the suction cups and your there.
 I have recruited almost all of my friends to shaving their face in the shower.

Marz, Where can you get one of those fogless mirrors? I'm currently a sink shaver, but it looks like you've got another recruit, if I can find one of those mirrors.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 09:34:14 PM »
With the new litle guy in our lives I've had to adopt the 'braille shower shaving route"...I dig it..

but i think I waste too much water :(..

Nice smooth shave though...and no one under foot ;)!

Offline zuckermania

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
Darn it, using the shave in the shower/put the headslick on a wet head technique, I just got the smoothest shave to date.  One of those shaves where it just sort of gives you the tingles how smooth it is.  Now I know I have to trust advice on this forum :)  I wonder if it is wasting water though... any Al Gore-esque statistics out there about how many dolphins I killed by taking a 15 minute shower?

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 12:51:23 AM »
I was a shower shaver as well and used the braille method. I to felt like I was waisting water, however I have a shower head that allows you to turn off the flow, so that's what I do.

Now, I have switched over to a DE for my face, so I've reverted back to the sink shaver.

GASlick

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 06:08:12 AM »
The more you do it, the faster you get.  I don't have  a headblade, I use a Quattro and I can get a baby's bottom shave in about 3-4 minutes.  Practice makes perfect.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 06:23:40 AM »
Darn it, using the shave in the shower/put the headslick on a wet head technique, I just got the smoothest shave to date.  One of those shaves where it just sort of gives you the tingles how smooth it is.  Now I know I have to trust advice on this forum :)  I wonder if it is wasting water though... any Al Gore-esque statistics out there about how many dolphins I killed by taking a 15 minute shower?

Pretty much everything Al Gore has ever said is a lie.

great to hear you got a great shave there zuckermania. You will find that your techniques and tools of the trade will change depending on your mood or time.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 06:44:58 AM »
See GAS has it down....he can get a smooth shave in 3-4 minutes.

GAS...i have read post where guys are taking up to 20 minutes to get a shave??????  I dunno what they are doing but they must be razin off one hair at a time.  GAS is right though....the more practice...the quicker it goes.  Come on BRO'S....we arent old me yet......cant you move faster than that???

GASlick

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 06:51:33 AM »
When I first started a couple of years ago, it took a few minutes sure.  Didn't want to bleed out or anything.  But now, it's  no problem.  3-4 Minutes max.  It actually takes me longer to shave in the sink (which I rarely do).
As many of you know, we in Georgia are in a SERIOUS drought.  I have thought about not being sly to save water, but fortunately where I live specfically we are in better shape than the rest of the state.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 11:09:46 AM »
Shaving in the shower is the only way to go. Get one of those fogless mirrors with the suction cups and your there.
 I have recruited almost all of my friends to shaving their face in the shower.

Marz, Where can you get one of those fogless mirrors? I'm currently a sink shaver, but it looks like you've got another recruit, if I can find one of those mirrors.

You will never look back.

Bed Bath and Beyond, Target had them to at one point, I have not looked for awhile.

here are some on the web http://www.shavingdirect.com/Departments/Fog-free-Mirror.aspx?gclid=CKiU4-Ot0I8CFRsFagodWiA_-A

I had the one that pipes into the shower head... not to good, I much prefer the suction cup one I have now.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 02:19:24 AM »
http://www.shavingdirect.com/Departments/Fog-free-Mirror.aspx?gclid=CKiU4-Ot0I8CFRsFagodWiA_-A

Awesome, Marz!

I'd like most the mirror with wireless iPod-Connection! Should I send a letter to Santa Claus?

J

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »
http://www.shavingdirect.com/Departments/Fog-free-Mirror.aspx?gclid=CKiU4-Ot0I8CFRsFagodWiA_-A

Awesome, Marz!

I'd like most the mirror with wireless iPod-Connection! Should I send a letter to Santa Claus?

J

You would probobly be better off sending a check to shavingdirect, but whatever floats your boat.  :D
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 01:32:04 PM »
As I wrote elsewhere, if the Headslick "disappears"  you just wet your hands with a little hot water and rework the scalp, beautiful lather comes back up--and you get to rub your head again to boot!

Offline foulon64

• Sly Jr.
  • If you can't grow it SHAVE IT
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 02:50:53 PM »
Is there any other place to shave but the shower. I just started using the shave cream by Headblade,  Is is AWESOME my wife likes it also.  As for shower and shave time 20 min to shower and shave all the parts I shave.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 09:30:11 PM »
Is there any other place to shave but the shower. I just started using the shave cream by Headblade,  Is is AWESOME my wife likes it also.  As for shower and shave time 20 min to shower and shave all the parts I shave.

OK im gonna get burned on this one but I gotta say it.....it was an open question....."and all the parts I shave"

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 10:35:19 PM »

OK im gonna get burned on this one but I gotta say it.....it was an open question....."and all the parts I shave"

Yikes. Not a nice visual ...
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein