Author Topic: Headlube tricks?  (Read 10340 times)

Offline zuckermania

• Sly Guy in Training
Headlube tricks?
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:04:48 PM »
I remember reading a post a couple of days ago where somebody said they added Barbarsol to Headlube to make it not dissapear from the head so quickly.  Anybody have any tricks like that?  Seems like 4 minutes after applying Headlube it has mysteriously vanished.  For the record, whoever it was that suggested using rubbing alcohol on the blades afterwards is a bonafide genius.  It has doubled my blades lives.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Headlube tricks?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »
That's a good question.  I'll see if I can think of any others.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 10:50:46 PM »
I remember reading a post a couple of days ago where somebody said they added Barbarsol to Headlube to make it not dissapear from the head so quickly.  Anybody have any tricks like that?  Seems like 4 minutes after applying Headlube it has mysteriously vanished.  For the record, whoever it was that suggested using rubbing alcohol on the blades afterwards is a bonafide genius.  It has doubled my blades lives.

haha!  that was me, bro--glad you applied the theory.
  i agree on the headslick.  everyone here is so gung-ho on it, i just don't see it.  it dissipates so quickly; i find myself rushing to shave in time (and because of that i cut myself twice today--i NEVER cut myself, knock on wood).  what i've been doing is putting some baby oil on my head, rubbing that in, then the headslick.  it's better, i think.  i did notice someone in another thread say they put oil, headslick, and shave gel in a bowl and mixed it all up then applied it to the dome--sounds like a good idea. 

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:59:28 AM »
WHOAAA!  You are all making it too much work.  The HEADSLICK,  are you using it on a dry scalp?  If so....the best way to use headslick is in the shower.  Your noggin has to be wet.  If you are trying to rub in the headslick without water....you aint gonna get very good results.  I use headslick everyday along with my headblade.....in the shower..and it only takes me approx. 2.5 minutes to get the a super smooth dome.  I tried shaving with a reg fusion blade and razor the other day...Im just so use to the headblade...i couldnt manuever it very well.  I cut my ear...yes my ear..just at the top...i also got a cut on top of my head. And it took me twice as long to shave.  I guess I am just a true believer of headblade SP.  I guess there really is no wrong way to shave....and we all have our own techniques...but my advice on headslick....SHOWER,WATER, HEADBLADE and 3 minutes tops.

GASlick

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »
I agree with TimmJ - Headslick in the shower is the only way to go.  Use it at the end of my shower after my head has had time to get warm and really wet.  I use a Quattro.  Mach 3 seems to cut my head for some reason.  A wet, warm head is the best way to go with Headslick.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:48:18 AM »
TimmJ and GASly have it right. HeadLube and a wet dome are the way to go. I shave it in the shower as well. That helps a TON.

I still can't get under the 5 minute mark, but that is not the HeadLube or HeadBlade's fault. :*))
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:11:18 AM »
I'm going to echo Tim, GA, and Doug, the way to go is in the shower, after your head has had time to get good and wet. Save the shaving until you are done with your washing. Put about a nickel size dollop of Headslick on your hand and rub in. Most of us find it works very well, and if you need to go over a spot, just rub around the scalp to spread more to the spot.
I don't believe any shaving product, gel, cream or oil is meant to be used without wetting the head first. That would be very uncomfortable.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »
I will jump in line with Tim, GA, Doug and xnewyawka to say shaving in the shower is the only way to go. Get one of those fogless mirrors with the suction cups and your there.

Not only with the headblade but with face shaving as well, I have recruited almost all of my friends to shaving their face in the shower.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:47:07 AM »
Same here...why shower...then dry off...then have to stand at the sink and shave...????? I mean come on ....I like to get messy! LOL  I would have to get back in the shower to rinse off.  Besides that....being that it is winter time..its much warmer standing in the shower then it is at the sink. Think about it guys.....

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 12:08:26 PM »
Gotta jump on the bandwagon with you other shower shavers.  I do the dome last after a good steam has built.  I hang my noggin' under the shower and get it nice and warm and then do my shaving.  When I am complete, I turn off the hot water and go straight for the cold rinse.  IMHO, it's the only way to go.   :)
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 12:20:42 PM »
Sorry to be redundant, but you are all right about headslick & shaving in the shower... the only way to go IMO.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 12:53:43 PM »
I'm shaving at the sink, but after a long hot shower. I let my head wet and so Headslick works very good.

J

Offline zuckermania

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »
Ah, so I guess I might have to modify the ol' routine.  So far it's been:

1) Shower, ending with headshed
2) Dry head
3) Apply headslick
4) Shave... takes approx 14 minutes.  I'm a rookie and hate cutting myself :)
5) Clearhead
6) Headlube
7) Spray on some sunscreen

Sounds like the actual order should be:

1) Shower, ending with headshed, headslick, shave (in record breaking time)
2) Dry head
3) Clearhead
4) Headlube
5) Spray on sunscreen

I guess the reason I've never done it that way is because the HB triples gunk up so much that I like having a sink full of water to clean it out in between strokes.  Potentially that's why it takes me 14 minutes to shave too.  Hmm...
4) Headlube

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »
My shower rinses the headblade real well, better than sloshing in the sink basin.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:08:02 PM »
I am a shower shaver 90percent of the time but on the odd occaision I will shave at the sink when I have some time to spare.